Alleges plot to cover up in Ministry of Justice
Emmanuel Thomas l Thursday, June 04, 2020
LAGOS, Nigeria – It appears, the storm is not yet over for the founder of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo. This time, it appears the pastor will be in for a shocker, following conclusion of investigation in the rape allegation levelled against the handsome orator of the pulpit.
Besides, Busola Dakolo has alleged that there is a grand plot to cover up prosecution of the matter in the Ministry of Justice and called on Nigerians to join hands with her and ensure that her voice is not silenced.#JusticeForBusolaDakolo
Busola Dakolo, a professional photographer and dashing wife of R&B crooner, Timi Dakolo had confessed on video that the handsome pastor had visited her very early in the morning while she was on her night gown and pushed her on the sofa and forcefully had sex with her.
But in November 2019, a Bwari High Court awarded N1million against Busola Dakola and threw out the case, and in the process giving the alleged randy pastor a phyrric victory.
But in a letter dated March 25, 2020, signed by Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP Umar Sanda Mamma, the DCP referred to her letter dated February 24, 2020, in which she specifically requested for a follow up investigation into the allegation of rape levelled by Busola Dakolo against the COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo .
Read Also, QUEEN SALAWA ABENI BLACKMAILER NABBED
“ I am directed to inform you that the Force Criminal Investigative Department has concluded its investigation and has forwarded the casefile to the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation, DPPF for legal advice and further necessary action”, the female DCP said.
Reacting to the latest development, Busola Dakolo said officially one year after since I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. “That when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me. It wasn’t just me. In the media, on social platforms and in private, women have been sharing stories of how this man either destroyed their lives or tried to.
“A lot has happened in that time: and my heart is glad that consciousness continues to be raised about the great evil that sexual abuse is, and how widespread it is, and how much women are at risk, and why we need to ensure justice for those who find the strength to speak out.
“Awareness is victory. But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice. When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood.
“What they didn’t know however is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice”, she said, adding, “Today, I have a major update. The police has concluded its investigation. And handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer”, she said with a sigh of relief.
“But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence! We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response.
“Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately. Or even to get the police report manipulated.
“My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts -rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry and the corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed.
“I am updating the Nigerian public because you all made my story matter. You joined me to say enough is enough. With you, this has been an easier process”, she said.