Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Why teenage pupil held after Solingen deadly stabbing is classified an ‘Islamist threat’
    News

    Why teenage pupil held after Solingen deadly stabbing is classified an ‘Islamist threat’

    starconnectBy starconnect4 October 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Schwerin: The state emblem of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern police can be seen on the uniform of a policewoman. There has been condemnation of an attack in northern Germany that resulted in a Ghanaian girl and her father being injured. Photo: Marcus Brandt/dpa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin I Friday, October 04, 2024

     

    SOLINGEN – A 15-year-old schoolboy who was detained after the August knife attack at a public festival in the German city of Solingen has been classified as a suspected Islamist. Security sources told dpa so on Friday.

    The boy from the neighbouring city of Wuppertal was initially taken into preventative custody on suspicion of terrorism after the incident, which resulted in three deaths. The Islamic State terrorist group later claimed responsibility.

    However, the detainee was formally categorized as an Islamist threat in September, according to the security sources. He had not previously attracted the attention of the authorities, they said.

    It was not yet clear what illegal actions the pupil intended to perpetrate. In addition to an attack on Jewish institutions, an attack during a school trip to the Netherlands is also said to have been under discussion with a contact person.

    A search of his home did not initially substantiate the initial suspicion.

    Analysis of the boy’s mobile phone then revealed an urgent suspicion, which the district court in Wuppertal confirmed on September 20 by issuing an arrest warrant, said a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor’s office in Düsseldorf, which is leading the investigation.

    The attack on August 23 at a city festival on the market square in Solingen stunned the country. In addition to the three people slain in the attack, eight were wounded. A 26-year-old Syrian man remains in police custody on suspicion of murder.

    Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack, although German authorities have not yet detailed whether the suspect had documented links to the group.

     

    Post Views: 555
    Solingen
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous Article  European Commission okays MSC 49.9 percent stake in HHLA
    Next Article NFF congress okays N17.6 billion budget for 2025
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?