Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»SMART PHONES: INEC PLANS TO RIG 2019 POLL FOR APC SAYS PDP
    News

    SMART PHONES: INEC PLANS TO RIG 2019 POLL FOR APC SAYS PDP

    starconnectBy starconnect18 September 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    PDP says Atiku right on state of economy
    National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Tuesday, September 18, 2018

    YENEGOA, Bayelsa, Nigeria – The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday condemned the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), to ban the use of smart phones in polling units.




    The party specifically, accused INEC of a surreptitious move to prevent the global community from knowing its plan to rig the 2019 general elections. The National Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, condemned the decision by INEC during a meeting with stakeholders from Bayelsa East Senatorial District in Yenagoa. A statement issued by Fidelis Soriwei, Special Adviser Governor Henry Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State on Media Relations, further quoted Secondus as saying that it was quite puzzling that the commission would attempt to prevent the use of smart phones.

    While describing smart phones as the easiest means of communication in the society, during elections, the PDP stressed that the decision to ban its use was the strategy of INEC and the APC to rig the 2019 elections. Secondus argued that the commission by that singular act had sent the country to the dark, primitive era.

    The PDP Chairman also restated his opposition of President Muhammadu Buhari’s refusal to sign the amended Electoral Act in a bid to avoid the use of card readers.

    “We have all heard what the Chairman of INEC, Prof. Mahmud Yakubu, said about the decision to ban the use of smart phones in the polling units. All over the world, a smart phone is the easiest way of communication.

    “What they have said clearly shows that the commission in connivance with the All Progressives Congress have perfected a rigging strategy for the next election. In fact, INEC has sent Nigeria back to the primitive days. The same plan to rig the 2019 election is responsible for the refusal of the President to sign the amended Electoral Act because the card reader must be used.

    “Our position is that INEC is wrong, there is no where in the constitution or in the electoral act , where smart phones are banned. INEC, if you throw this country to crisis, you will be held responsible.” Secondus said that Nigeria was under siege as the Federal Government had introduced an obnoxious suspension of the people right to freedom in the country.

    He expressed the alarm that more people had been killed in the country in the past one year that those killed in the Nigerian civil war from 1967 to 1970. He lamented that the APC had introduced dictatorial tendencies that were worse that the repression witnessed under the military.

    Secondus also accused the Federal Government òf borrowing N11 trillion in three years in spite of the huge amount of money budgeted yearly to run the government. He said that the nation’s debt profile had hit the highest of all time under the APC-led Federal Government.

    “We have borrowed N11 trillion and you don’t feel the impact of the budget except in Daura. Nigeria has witnessed nepotism, that has never been felt this way in this country. The international community is worried about Nigeria. The country is broke, our debt profile has risen to highest level. Nigeria is under siege. Freedom and rights have denied our people. .The country is going through very difficult and trying the moments.”

    In his remarks, Governor Dickson urged the people of the Niger Delta to give the expected support to Secondus in his efforts to lead the PDP to electoral victory in 2019. He described the PDP as the party of the Niger Delta

    Post Views: 494
    Smart Phones
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleEU SIGNS AGREEMENT TO USE HYDROGEN FOR ENERGY STORAGE, FUEL
    Next Article WHY WE RESORT TO CONTRACTOR-FINANCING OF PIPELINE PROJECTS – BARU
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?