Admin l Saturday, March 11, 2023
HAMBURG – The German Police has provided update on the killing at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Hamburg, Germany.
Recall that the armed assailant from Bavaria stormed the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses on after midweek meeting on Thursday evening and opened fire, killing seven lives, four men, two women and a seven months old unborn baby.
According to the Bavarian Interior Ministry, there is no indication that the lone assailant had history of illegal drug activity. Previously, there had been reports of possible drug abuse in the past by Philipp F, as the suspect is identified under German privacy laws, but a ministry spokesman said he has no record of any drug offences .
While her foetus died, the mother, who was 28 weeks pregnant, survived but was severely injured. The adults killed were between 33 and 60 years old, the police said.
Another eight people were injured, four of them severely, police said. The 35-year-old comes from Memmingen in Bavaria and had been living in Hamburg since 2015.
The attacker was a sports shooter and had legally purchased the shotgun he used in the attack at a Jehovah’s Witness place of worship, known as a Kingdom Hall. He had previously been a member of the religious community, the police said, adding that he left the religious organisation voluntar
Jehovah’s Witnesses abhour violence in all its ramifications. The religious group promote peace in all areas of endeavor and look forward to God’s Kingdom as the solution to the problems of mankind, a kingdom where there will be no violence of every kind, where everybody will be at peace with one another and with animals.
They uphold the teaching of Jesus Christ found in the Holy Bible.