September 20, 2014 – The general assembly of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) held today in Warri, Delta State despite a court injunction barring the NFF from going ahead with the meeting.
The General Assembly unanimously approved Tuesday, 30th September, 2014 as date for the 2014 NFF Elective Congress in Warri, Delta State.
“The Congress passed a resolution that a credible and transparent electoral process is non-negotiable”, the NFF said in a communique signed by Chairman Communique Drafting Committee, Mr. E. C Chukwuemeka.
“The Congress unanimously affirmed the FIFA directive that the 2014 Elective Congress shall be composed of only delegates that attended the November 2013 Annual General Assembly in Warri”, the communique added.
The NFF also used the occasion to set up new Electoral and Appeal Committee ahead of the coming elections. The CElectoral ommittee which has Mr. Musa Ahmadu as Secretary has the following as members, Mr. Samson Ebomhe, M.T Ahmed, Mr. Sadiq Yusuf Zaria, Mr. Adamu Sani Osmond, Rev. Onyeaghala Obioma, Eng. Adeola Adelanwa, Alhaji Sani Dahiru Yakassai, Mrs. Sarah Jumoke Adebisi and Mr. Awwal Abdullahi.
The Appeal Committee has Dr. Mohammed Sanusi as Secretary. Other members are Mr. Okey Ajunwa, Mr. Dotun Coker, Mallam Sani Mohammed, Mr. Victor Nwangwu and Mr. Bala Garba.
See Full text of communique below
COMMUNIQUE OF THE EXTRA-ORDINARY GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION HELD IN WARRI, DELTA STATE ON SATURDAY, 20TH SEPTEMBER, 2014
1. The General Assembly expressed deep and heartfelt appreciation of the entire Nigeria Football family to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR for his personal and administration’s love and tremendous support for the NFF, the National Teams and Nigeria Football as a whole.
2. Ahead of the upcoming elections into the NFF Executive Committee, Congress composed a new NFF Electoral Committee thus: Barr. Samson Ebomhe; Barr. M. T. Ahmed; Mr. Adamu Sani Osmond; Mr. Sadiq Yusuf Zaria; Reverend Onyeaghala Obioma; Engineer Adeola Adelanwa; Alh. Sani Dahiru Yakassai; Mrs. Sarah Jumoke Adebisi and Barr. Awwal Abdullahi. The Secretary is Barr. Musa Amadu.
3. Ahead of the upcoming elections into the NFF Executive Committee, Congress composed a new NFF Electoral Appeals Committee thus: Barr. Okey Ajunwa; Mr. Dotun Coker and; Mallam Sani Mohammed. Mr. Victor Nwangwu and Mr. Bala Garba are substitute Members. The Secretary is Dr. Mohammed Sanusi.
4. The General Assembly unanimously approved Tuesday, 30th September, 2014 as date for the 2014 NFF Elective Congress, and Warri, Delta State as venue. The Congress passed a resolution that a credible and transparent electoral process is non-negotiable.
5. The Congress unanimously affirmed the FIFA directive that the 2014 Elective Congress shall be composed of only delegates that attended the November 2013 Annual General Assembly in Warri.
6. Congress unanimously expressed high praise and admiration for the courage and resilience of the NFF Executive Committee led by Alhaji Aminu Maigari, in the face of the recent crisis that threatened the fabric of Nigeria Football .
7. Congress heaped encomiums in the Nigeria Media for standing by the truth and clearly supporting what is just in the thick of the recent crisis.
8. The General Assembly was full of praise for the Delta State Government, the Representative of the Minister/Chairman, National Sports Commission, (Dr. Bolaji Ojo-Oba), the Representative of the Director General, National Sports Commission (Mr. Alhassan Saleh Yakmut), the Delta State Sports Commission, Chairmen of the Sports Committees of the National Assembly, CAF Members, Etubom Paul Bassey and Ms. Aisha Falode, former NFF Board Member, Dr. Peter Singabele and former NFF General Secretary, Amb. Fanny Amun, MON for their tremendous supports towards the success of the Extra-Ordinary General Assembly.
SIR E.C. CHUKWUEMEKA
CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE