Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Education»Mind Builder’s teacher convicted for defiling 6 year old pupil
    Education

    Mind Builder’s teacher convicted for defiling 6 year old pupil

    starconnectBy starconnect13 February 2023No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Teacher with Mind Builders convicted for defilement
    Mind Builders
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin l Monday, February 13, 2023

     

    IKEJA, Lagos, Nigeria – An Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja has  sentenced 41 year old teacher,  Chukwu Ndubuisi  to life imprisonment for defiling a six-year-old pupil of Mind Builders Primary School, Ikeja (names withheld).

    Ndubuisi,  an art teacher was first arraigned at an Ogudu Magistrate Court on a charge of forceful penetration, where he pleaded not guilty.

    His case was later transferred to Ikeja High Court before Justice Sedoten Ogunsanya  on the advice of Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP’s).

    Ndubuisi was charged before the court on a one count charge of child defilement. Delivering judgment in the matter yesterday, Justice Ogunsanya citing several authorities, held that the prosecution has proved his case against the defendant beyond reasonable doubt.

    The judge held that the fact, circumstances and quality of evidence against the defendant were compelling. The court noted  that the survivor whispered to her mother that she wanted to  discuss something with her, while she discussing a similar case with another adult.

    The court noted that they went outside and the survivor narrated her experience to her, pleaded with her mother not to tell her father and brother. The court noted that the mother told the father, following which they went to her school but the art teacher was not around.

    She noted that the parents reported the matter at Omole Police station following which the matter was investigated and  test conducted on the survivor at Ikosi Health Center which revealed that the survivor had been defiled.

    She said the matter was later taken up by the Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA). Justice Ogunsanya held that the account of the survivor and that of her mother  was uncontroverted, corroborated each other and that they gave a good account of the assault.

    The court noted that the defendant usually send the survivor’s friend to call her and that the first time the defendant defiled her was in the female toilet and that  the second time was in the art room.

    She said the survivor told the court that sometimes her teacher (defendant) asked her to remove her uniform and put his “bumbum” into her “bumbum”.

    “At another time he called her into the art room, he put her on the table, parted her panties and put his thing into my thing”. She said the survivor told the court that when the defendant is finished, he would clean up the survivor with tissue paper. The court noted that the defendant had unhindered access to the child and defiled her several times.

    Justice Ogunsanya discountenance the evidence of two prosecution witnesses who are medical doctors for being contradictory, pointing out that they did not come as expert witnesses.

    She also dismissed the submission by defence witnesses that that the incident was not recorded on the school’s CCTV. She upheld the result of the test conducted at the Mirabel Center which showed that the survivor had torn hymen and reddish vulva and that there was evidence of forceful penetration.

    She therefore convicted the defendant as charged. Counsel to the defendant, O.C. Olagunju pleaded with the court passionately to temper justice with mercy saying that no case of improper behaviour has ever been brought against the  defendant nor has he ever had any case at any police station until this case.

    But the prosecution , Jubril Kareem argued that the law under which the defendant was charged does not give the court any discretion. He urged the court to impose the mandatory sentence stipulated in the law. Justice Ogunsanya subsequently sentenced the defendant to life imprisonment.

    Post Views: 1,001
    Mind builders
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleChrisland High School Ikeja remains closed – Management
    Next Article Judge to 20-year-old armed robber: You will be hanged on the neck until you are dead
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    The Snatch of the Education System

    6 February 2026

    RETOOL UNIVERSITIES TO SOLVE PROBLEMS, Ogbuku Advocates

    11 December 2025

    BIG WIN FOR CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY: Dr. Ogah Drops ₦10m, Promises Automatic Jobs for Accounting Students

    19 November 2025

    IJEBU-JESA Grammar School at 70!  (2)

    15 November 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?