Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»1 dead as explosion destroys German home
    News

    1 dead as explosion destroys German home

    starconnectBy starconnect11 January 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    One dead after blast turns house in western Germany into rubble
    Firefighters and rescue workers stand in front of a collapsed house in the Linden district. One person was killed when a house in the western German city of Bochum collapsed following an explosion, police said early on Wednesday. Photo: Markus Gayk/TNN/dpa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    By Julian Weber and Christine Bähr, dpa

     

    BOCHUM – One person was killed when a house in the western German city of Bochum collapsed following an explosion, police said on Wednesday.

    Rescue services found the woman’s body after searching the rubble for several hours. Police suspect the victim to be the 61-year-old owner of the house who had been reported missing.

    The victim’s identity could only be confirmed once the body underwent a full medical examination, a spokesperson said.

    Emergency services did not expect to find any more victims under the rubble, fire brigade chief Simon Heußen said after the search and clearance work at the location with rescue dogs and bulldozers.

    The apartment building in Bochum’s Linden neighbourhood completely collapsed following a suspected gas leak explosion on Tuesday evening. Images show the two-and-a-half-storey building reduced to a pile of rubble, with the street littered with stones.

    Several neighbours alerted the emergency services and reported having heard a loud bang. Fifteen people were then evacuated from six other houses in the area as 160 emergency personnel were deployed to the scene.

    Apart from the owner, two other people lived in the house, according to the police. One of them was able to free himself from the debris and was taken to hospital with minor injuries. The third person was not at home at the time of the incident, police said.

    The reason for the suspected explosion was initially unclear. According to the municipal utility, the building had not been connected to the gas grid, said Heußen. However gas was detected in the sewer and in nearby buildings, therefore a gas leak is assumed to have occurred there, according to the fire brigade chief.

     

    Post Views: 1,153
    Bochum
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleEra of estimated, post-paid billings over – EEDC
    Next Article Wirecard scandal: How we arrived at $2.04 bn in escrow accounts – Former manager
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?