Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Business»Work begins on controversial Baltic Sea LNG terminal, says RWE
    Business

    Work begins on controversial Baltic Sea LNG terminal, says RWE

    starconnectBy starconnect19 March 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    RWE confirms work on LNG at Baltic Sea
    15 March 2022, North Rhine-Westphalia, Essen: RWE's logo is seen at RWE's corporate headquarters before the start of the annual press conference. Preliminary work has begun for the construction of two liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals to the east of the German island of Ruegen in the Baltic Sea, energy company RWE said on Sunday, despite local political opposition. Photo: Rolf Vennenbernd/dpa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Sunday, March 19, 2023

    BERLIN – Preliminary work has begun for the construction of two liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals to the east of the German island of Rügen in the Baltic Sea, energy company RWE said on Sunday, despite local political opposition.

    A spokesman for the Essen-based company described the work as “only exploratory” in response to a question from dpa. Permission had been issued by the Baltic Sea Waterways and Shipping Office, he said.

    The work is being carried out as part of a contract launched by the Germany government to end the country’s previously heavy dependence on Russian natural gas delivered directly by pipeline along the Baltic Sea floor.

    Two vessels were currently carrying out the exploratory work, the spokesman said. “It is usual with offshore projects that a careful inspection of the seafloor and underground is conducted,” he said. This included finding munitions dating back to World War II, he said.

    The environmental organization Deutsche Umwelthilfe has criticised the work as causing concern in Rügen’s popular seaside resorts at the construction of tow large terminals just a few kilometres from the beaches.

    The state government of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern in which the region lies has also come out against the project. According to state Environment Minister Till Backhaus, the procedure to issue permits is still proceeding.

    Construction work is not currently permitted, as the herring spawning season is under way.

    State Premier Manuela Schwesig has repeatedly expressed opposition to terminals close to Rügen and called on the federal government to find an alternative

     

    Post Views: 1,797
    LNG
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleAtiku’s irreversible blunders
    Next Article Top diver Hempel demands compensation over abuse by coach
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos Earmarks ₦5bn Intervention Fund for MSMEs

    20 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026

    ​STREETS OF FEAR: Stamford Hill hate monster jailed after terrorizing Jewish community and smashing up car

    23 May 2026

    The unwritten rules of a true democracy

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?