Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Sports»Soccer»What Dortmund’s Watzke thinks about possible penalty in clash at Bochum
    Soccer

    What Dortmund’s Watzke thinks about possible penalty in clash at Bochum

    starconnectBy starconnect30 April 2023Updated:30 April 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Hesse, Neu-Isenburg: DFL Supervisory Board Chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke speaks during a German Football League (DFL) press conference. Watzke doesn't want to further fuel the discussion about a possible penalty that was not given to his side in the 1-1 draw at Bochum on Friday. Photo: Arne Dedert/dpa
    Hesse, Neu-Isenburg: DFL Supervisory Board Chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke speaks during a German Football League (DFL) press conference. Watzke doesn't want to further fuel the discussion about a possible penalty that was not given to his side in the 1-1 draw at Bochum on Friday. Photo: Arne Dedert/dpa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Heinz Büse, dpa I Sunday, April 30, 2023

     

    BOCHUM – Dortmund managing director Hans-Joachim Watzke doesn’t want to further fuel the discussion about a possible penalty that was not given to his side in the 1-1 draw at Bochum on Friday.

    Referee Sascha Stegemann has revealed he has received threats against himself and his family. Despite the penalty decision possibly having major implications on the Bundesliga title race, Watzke says the club and fans need to move on.

    “We accept it and that’s the end of the discussion for us,” he told dpa on Sunday. Bochum’s Danilo Soares appeared to foul Karim Adeyemi in the box but Stegemann waved away Dortmund appeals and the video assistant did not intervene.

    Dortmund went into the game with a one point lead at the top with five games to go. But the draw means champions Bayern can take over at the summit with a home victory over bottom side Hertha Berlin on Sunday.

    On Saturday, Stegemann and the German football federation (DFB) acknowledged that Dortmund should have been awarded the penalty.
    “We have clearly expressed our anger over this wrong decision to Mr Stegemann but also Mr (Robert) Hartmann (video assistant referee). That was definitely intense. But things should be good,” Watzke added.

    Stegemann told Sport1 that he and his family had been “threatened in a very concrete way.”

    The 38-year-old added on Sunday: “I have unfortunately felt compelled to file a criminal complaint and this is now also time for protective measures.” The referee now wants to “let things sink in” and “think about whether a break makes sense or whether it is better to continue refereeing straight away.”

    In a separate statement on Sunday, Watzke told the fans the club won’t tolerate any kind of “hostility, denigration or threats, be it personally or anonymously via social media channels.”

     

     

    Post Views: 1,131
    Hans-Joachim Watzke
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleWegner, Berlin’s new mayor courts social democrats
    Next Article Two German players sign with NFL teams in the US
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    6 Mexican clubs lose CAS appeal

    5 September 2025

    President Federation Cup: Angels at war in Aba as Queens and Amazons battle in Ayingba

    23 May 2025

    Chelle picks Nwabali, Ndidi, others for Unity Cup Tourney,  Russia Friendly

    21 May 2025

    Egypt 2025: Flying Eagles tackles Young Pharaohs for bronze 

    17 May 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?