Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Shooting of unarmed protesters in Lagos is an outrage – Archbishop of Canterbury
    News

    Shooting of unarmed protesters in Lagos is an outrage – Archbishop of Canterbury

    starconnectBy starconnect27 October 2020Updated:27 October 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Archbishop of Canterbury speaks on Lekki Massacre
    Youths during the #endSARS protest, waiving the flag, making demands
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin  l Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    UNITED STATES – The Archbishop of Canterbury, Father Justine Welby has described the shooting at young Nigerians protesting under the #endSARS movement in Lekki, Lagos and other areas as an outrage.

    At least 20 of the protesters were killed when the Nigerian Army opened fire on the peaceful protest at Lekki tollgate. The shooting forced many of the youths into what they described as revenge, setting government and private properties alight all over Nigeria.

    But speaking on the incident, Justine Welby what happened was nothing but an outrage.

    “The deliberate shooting of unarmed protestors in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria last week was an outrage.

    “I say this as a human being, as a Christian, and as the leader of the worldwide Anglican Communion – which counts some 18 million Nigerians as part of our global family”, he said.

    Continuing, the Archbishop said while he absolutely has no place to lecture or rebuke Nigeria, a country that is very dear to  his heart,  her urged those behind the shooting to learn from mistakes of the past.

    “And while I absolutely have no place to lecture or rebuke Nigeria, a country that is very dear to my heart, I can say this: learn from our mistakes.

    Read also, SANWO-OLU DARES BUHARI ON LEKKI SHOOTING

    “Do not go further down the path of violence and injustice. Turn around and find the path of peace, justice and reconciliation”, he said.



    #endSARSprotest Archbishop of Canterbury Lekki shooting
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous Article#Coronavirus: 119 new 3408 active in Nigeria as Europe assumes hot spot of virus
    Next Article Police arrests over 850 suspects in crackdown on violent crime
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    or
    Login with Bluehost
    Lost password?