At about 5 PM when we arrived at the scene, the fire had been put off but we gathered that the inferno erupted from an 800 KVA generator that exploded after working for several hours. The incident threw the area into confusion with many scampering for safety.
A man who identified himself as Mr. Frances, told our correspondent that he had to ran out from his suite to avoid been affected by the inferno, which he said disrupted the business activities in the hotel.
“It was very scary initially although it was not a serious fire any way. But Immediately I discovered that the atmosphere was enveloped by thick smoke oozing out from a section of the building, I knew there was problem. And I had to run for safety.”
Confirming the fire incident, the Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe said his office received the emergency call at 5:10 pm adding that his men responded immediately with over two fire fighting trucks to avert loss of life and property.
“The loss would have been huge but our quick response to the scene prevented the fire from damaging other structures within and outside the premises,” he said.