Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»NLC SUSPENDS STRIKE
    News

    NLC SUSPENDS STRIKE

    starconnectBy starconnect30 September 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    NLC strike
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Sunday, September 30, 2018

    LAGOS, Nigeria – The Nigeria Labour Congress(NLC) has suspended the two days strike it embarked upon to press home their demand for upward review of salaries of workers. Labour suspended the strike few days after meeting with government.




    Speaking in Abuja, NLC President, Ayuba Wabba said that the organised labour has gotten firm commitment from the government that the Tripartite Committee of the Minimum Wage Committee will reconvenes on Thursday, October 4, during which President Muhammadu Buhari would have addressed the nation.

    Recall that NLC was last week at the Presidential Villa where it met with Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari. Kyari said the meeting was called to exactly know what stalled the ongoing negotiation on minimum wage and not specifically for the amount the government was proposing.

    Commenting after the meeting Ayuba Wabba said his team had a fruitful deliberation with the Chief of Staff and that the discussion will be taken to the necessary organs of labour.

    “The Chief of Staff tried to give us detail of government position which we will have to go and convey to our members and then we can revert back to him. “This is how far we have gone but clearly I think we have tried to share details of the information that partain to the issue of the National Minimum Wage and how the ongoing negotiation was stalled and also the best way to get out of it. Government have given us their words which we will also go and communicate to our members and revert back to government”, he said.

    Post Views: 639
    NLC
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleKOGI PDP: PLOTS TO MANIPULATE SENATORIAL PRIMARIES UNCOVERED 
    Next Article AMBODE: SANWO-OLU IS UNFIT TO RULE, DETAINED IN U.S FOR FRAUD
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?