Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Sports»NFF SLAMS SPORTS MINISTER, DALUNG OVER CHATTERED DELTA AIRLINES
    Sports

    NFF SLAMS SPORTS MINISTER, DALUNG OVER CHATTERED DELTA AIRLINES

    starconnectBy starconnect19 August 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email




    Rio, August 19, 2016- The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has rejected insinuations by the Minister of Youth and Sports, Barrister Solomon Dalung in a television interview that the issue of Nigeria Olympic football team being stranded in Atlanta, United States of America was a hoax.

    Chairman of the NFF Media and Publicity Committee, Hon. Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande, who is a ranking member of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, said the entire Board was shocked by the insinuations, as the NFF President, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, had been giving them updates of useful meetings he has been having with the Sports Minister since he arrived in Brazil on Tuesday.

    “The NFF Board and Management are taken aback by these insinuations. The NFF President has been telling us of meeting between him and the Minister on how to avoid the kind of situation we got into in the USA in the future. So, the Minister’s latest statements are a bombshell.

    “We are not openly challenging the Minister, but we must set the records straight. To start, we do not have any partnership with Delta Airlines, a company that we owe much gratitude for the way it came to the rescue to airlift our team to Brazil. The names of NFF’s partners and sponsors are known to the public.

    “Secondly, the NFF is not aware of any receipt that was presented to the Minister for airlifting the U23 team from Atlanta to Manaus. I am aware that the Minister himself requested for the phone number of our FIFA Match Agent (Mr. Jairo Pachon, who has been working with the NFF since 2009) when everybody became desperate about how the team would go to Brazil.

    “The NFF President gave him the phone number, and the Minister himself asked Mr. Pachon to go ahead and charter an aircraft, and Pachon reverted that the amount would be $174,000, as against the $300,000 that was bandied earlier. However, the money did not reflect in the airline company’s bank account within the deadline it gave to us, so the service was cancelled. We insist that Mr. Pachon acted in the best interest of Nigeria.”

    Yahaya-Kwande also took the opportunity to react to earlier allegations of the Federation bloating the football team’s list.
    “Which persons did we increase the team with? There were two alternate players, the team media officer, the team coordinator, the team’s equipment manager and the team’s technical officer, who have always been part of the team’s crew, and who by global standard are required by the team. When it was made clear that they would no longer be taken care of, we told them to return to Nigeria.

    “As I speak with you, the only NFF top officials at the Olympics are the NFF Technical Director and the NFF President. I would like to be proved wrong on this.The NFF Board has always displayed integrity in all its financial dealings and have always communicated to the Minister on every financial transaction and detail. On this too, we would like to be proved wrong.”

    Post Views: 584
    Solomon Dalung
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleTHE COLISEUM (NIGHT SHIFT) TO GO UNDER RECEIVESHIP
    Next Article LAGOS TO HOST BON CONFERENCE
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    Morocco 2026: Captain Chidi nets hat-trick as Flamingos trounce Guinea 5-0 in Abidjan

    23 May 2026

    ​TONEY’S SAUDI SAMBA! Ivan the terrible for hosts as Goncalves runs riot in Al Ahli four-goal thrashing

    21 May 2026

    ​DESERT SHOCKER! Bottom-Dwellers Al Najma Stun High-Flying Stars of Al Shabab in Saudi Sensation

    21 May 2026

    ​ORLANDO MAGIC! Brazilian Sensation Tiago Bags Brace as Lions Bash Shocking Atlanta

    21 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?