Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»MEND CARPETS ND AVENGERS, RULES OUT RETURN TO THE CREEKS
    News

    MEND CARPETS ND AVENGERS, RULES OUT RETURN TO THE CREEKS

    starconnectBy starconnect9 June 2016No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    MEND's 'General' Tamunotonye Kuna (alias Obese) rules out return to the creeks
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email




    Nigeria, June 10, 2016 – An ex-Niger Delta militant and former member of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta(MEND), ‘General’ Tamunotonye Kuna (alias Obese), has vowed “never to return to the creeks, stressing that violence does not pay.

    He also condemned activities of the Niger Delta Avengers, describing them as criminals, who have benefitted from the Federal Government’s amnesty programme.

    Speaking with journalists in Abuja, Kuna stated that the Avengers were keeping to their promise to make the region ungovernable should President Muhammadu Buhari, wins the 2015 last general election.

    While warning that renewed violence in the Niger Delta region would further impoverish the people of the area, he advised members of the NDA to embrace dialogue which the Federal Government has been proposing to restore peace to the region.

    “I was working with ‘General’ Farah Dagogo, a senior warlord in MEND. I have vowed never to return to the creeks because we have tried violence and it doesn’t work. That is why we have resorted to peace. Ironically, the same group of Avengers were the same people who benefitted from the government’s amnesty programme.

    “The amnesty office is where they were eating and they have lost everything during our struggle. I told them that this government will listen, although no good comes easy.

    I don’t know what is their plan but for me I feel they are fulfilling what they told President Buhari that if he wins the last year’s election, they were going to do this or that. The amnesty office is where they have been packing billions of Naira without giving the people, the masses.

    “As (I) am talking to you, we have close to a thousand people who don’t even have house. They lost everything during this struggle. But today, as I speak, they are still suffering. What Niger Delta Avengers is doing is wrong. It is very wrong. I am not in support.”

    Kuna stated that some people had being lining their pockets from the amnesty funds released by the government to rehabilitate ex-militants in the region, while some ex-militants had not benefitted from the programme.

    He called for the inclusion of ex-militants who had not benefitted from the amnesty programme.

    “We that have not benefitted from this amnesty programme should to be included because the programme is still running. Those who are eating the amnesty money are there fomenting trouble.”

    Post Views: 498
    MEND's return to Niger Delta creeks Niger Delta Avengers
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleRIVERS UNITED HOLDS CHAMPIONS, ENYIMBA
    Next Article DELTA AIRLINE TO RESUME BRUSSELS-ATLANTA SERVICE
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?