Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Education»Kwara government explains rejection of notebooks donated by Bukola Saraki
    Education

    Kwara government explains rejection of notebooks donated by Bukola Saraki

    starconnectBy starconnect16 September 2019No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    BUKOLA SARAKI: GOD HAS VINDICATED ME BEFORE MAN
    Former President of the Nigerian Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    Admin l Monday, September 16, 2019

    ILORIN, Kwara, Nigeria – The Kwara State Government today explained why public schools in the state rejected instructional materials donated by former President of the Nigerian Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

    In a statement,  Yakub K. Aliagan, Press Secretary, Kwara Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development explained that the state government was not aware of distribution of the instructional materials in the first place.

    According to him, the appropriate thing for Dr.Bukola Saraki  was  to send those materials to the Ministry of Education which has a statutory duty of vetting learning materials for quality control and then approve such for distribution and that not doing so was a violation of a basic rule which is key to strengthening  institutions and keeping standards.

    The ministry added that it is wrong for anyone to emblazon their images or personal logos on instructional materials made with public resources for distribution in public schools.

    “The said materials were some sort of Constituency Projects which have been approved and funded by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is instructive to note that the Kwara State Ministry of Education recently approached Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to mass-produce instructional materials with his picture emblazoned on them ahead of school resumption and the Governor rejected the proposal on the ground that there should be no personalisation of projects executed with public funds.

    “Flowing from the above, the authorities at the schools were right to have rejected those materials because the Ministry of Education was not aware of such and also because there should be no politicisation of education, whether directly or indirectly, especially at the basic level where the children are very impressionable”, the ministry noted.

    The ministry urged the Mandate Office of Senator Bukola Saraki to return the materials to the Ministry of Education after having replaced the covers emblazoned with personal photographs or political identities since the materials had been produced with government funds.

    The full statement

    Our attention has been drawn to the alleged distribution of some instructional materials to public schools in Kwara State from the Mandate Office of former Senate President Bukola Saraki. These instructional materials have his pictures or some sort of personal identities emblazoned on them and were sent straight to the schools across the state.

    Information on social media said those materials were rejected at the schools and there have been calls on the government to speak on the development. We therefore wish to state the following:

    The State Government wasn’t aware of the distribution of these instructional materials in the first instance.

    The appropriate thing to do is to send those materials to the Ministry of Education which has a statutory duty of vetting learning materials for quality control and then approve such for distribution. Not doing so was a violation of a basic rule which is key to strengthening our institutions and keeping standards.

    Besides, it is wrong for anyone to emblazon their images or personal logos on instructional materials made with public resources for distribution in public schools. The said materials were some sort of Constituency Projects which have been approved and funded by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

    It is instructive to note that the Kwara State Ministry of Education recently approached Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to mass-produce instructional materials with his picture emblazoned on them ahead of school resumption and the Governor rejected the proposal on the ground that there should be no personalisation of projects executed with public funds.

     Flowing from the above, the authorities at the schools were right to have rejected those materials because the Ministry of Education was not aware of such and also because there should be no politicisation of education, whether directly or indirectly, especially at the basic level where the children are very impressionable.

    Since the materials had been produced with government funds, we urge the Mandate Office of Senator Bukola Saraki to return them to the Ministry of Education after having replaced the covers emblazoned with personal photographs or political identities.

    Yakub K. Aliagan

    Press Secretary,

    Kwara Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development.

    Kwara State
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleGrant our demands to avoid strike, COEASU warns FG
    Next Article My  password  is  to help people – Chief Johnbosco Onunkwo
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​KWARA CAPTIVES’ ULTIMATUM: “Save Us Now or Never”

    10 April 2026

    The Snatch of the Education System

    6 February 2026

    RETOOL UNIVERSITIES TO SOLVE PROBLEMS, Ogbuku Advocates

    11 December 2025

    BIG WIN FOR CLIFFORD UNIVERSITY: Dr. Ogah Drops ₦10m, Promises Automatic Jobs for Accounting Students

    19 November 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?