[wysija_form id=”1″]March 18, 2015 – Seven foreign tourists among them Polish, Italian, French and German nationals and two others were among those Killed on Wednesday when two gunmen invaded Bardo Museum in Central Tunis.
Confirming the incident, Prime Minister Habib Essid said those killed include Italian, Spanish, Polish and German citizens as well as a Tunisian and a police officer.
So far, security forces have been deployed in trail of the two gunmen.
The gunmen struck when deputies in the neighbouring parliamentary building were discussing anti-terrorism legislation, Essid said adding that Parliament was evacuated following the attack.
He said that at least 22 tourists and two Tunisians were also injured in the attack.
“It is a critical moment in our history, and a defining moment for our future. We have not established the identity of the two terrorists. Reports are not final, these two terrorists could have been assisted by two or three other operatives”, he said.
There are reports that the remaining hostage comprising British, Italian, French and Spanish nationals held by the gunmen have been freed.
So far, Local television stations have showed footage of tourists fleeing to safety but escorted by security forces.