Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Ex-convict charged with USD1.4 million fraud to attend trial from prison
    News

    Ex-convict charged with USD1.4 million fraud to attend trial from prison

    starconnectBy starconnect4 April 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    A convict in handcuff
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Tuesday, April 4, 2023

     

     IKEJA, Nigeria – A Domestic and Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja today refused to re- admit an ex-convict, Kolawole Erinle to bail in an alleged USD 1.4 million dollar fraud.  He is now attend trial from correctional centre(prison) where he is being held.

    Justice Ramon Oshodi denied the defendant bail owing to the fact that he had a previous criminal record and that he might not surrender himself for trial if granted bail.

    “It is remarkably clear that the bail documentations of the sureties  were not agreed by my noble lord, Taiwo before she retired. I have now been urged by the defence counsel to re-admit the defendant to bail with  the same sureties as the bail has now been documented.

    “I must consider the probability that the defendant may not surrender himself again for further trial  owing to the fact that he had a previous  criminal record where he was jail in United States of America.

    “Again, I was misled that the defendant was granted bail by my noble lord Taiwo before she retired. Bail is hereby denied and accelerated hearing is hereby ordered,” Oshodi said.

    The judge adjourned the case until May 15 for defendant to open defence. Erinle is standing trial  alongside his firm, Rinde-Remdex Nigeria Ltd on a three-count charge bordering on conspiracy, retention of proceeds of criminal conduct, and obtaining money under false pretence to the tune of 1.4 million dollars.

    The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) counsel, Mr Temitope Banjo, had on Monday called the fourth and the last prosecution witness, an investigator with the commission, Mr Alex Ogbole, who testified against the defendant

    Ogbole told the court how the EFCC led the Nigerian-end of the investigation into the alleged crime and that investigation showed that the mother of the defendant was a beneficiary.

    The witness said that EFCC received a petition from the United States, US Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) which indicated that the victim of the alleged fraud, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, (KCUMB) had been a victim of Business Email Compromise, (BEC).

    The offence, the prosecution said, contravened the provisions of Section 8 of the Advanced Fee Fraud Related Offences, 2006.

    Post Views: 1,154
    Kolawole Erinle
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleTrial of former Lagos AG Shasore, SAN for money laundering stalled
    Next Article Revered screen idol, Ego Boyo celebrates women in media, film and advertising
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?