Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»DRAMA AS LAWYER FAILS KIDNAPPER EVANS’ COHORT
    News

    DRAMA AS LAWYER FAILS KIDNAPPER EVANS’ COHORT

    starconnectBy starconnect19 January 2018No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Evans hires Noel Brown
    Evans and, Uche Amadi, Ogechi Uchechukwu, Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu, Chilaka Ifeanyi and Victor Chukwunonso Aduba in court
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Friday, January 19, 2018

    IKEJA, Lagos, Nigeria – There was mild drama in court today as a result of failure by Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu, the 4th defendant arraigned along with Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka Evans for kidnapping and conspiracy to wit kidnapping.




    He was arraigned with Evans, Ogechi Uchechukwu, Uche Amadi, Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu, Chilaka Ifeanyi and Victor Chukwunonso Aduba, second, fourth, fifth and sixth defendants respectively.

    The defendants changed their guilty plea to not guilty after the amended charge was read to them. They have been in Police custody since June 10, 2017. They were charged under Sections 411 and 271(3) Criminal Law Cap C17 Laws of Lagos State 2015: “Conspiracy to commit a felony to wit kidnapping contrary to Section 411, Kidnapping Criminal Law. Cap C17, Laws of Lagos State 2015″.

    When the case was called today, the fourth defendant (Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu) told court that he is still making arrangement for legal representation.

    The development made the prosecution counsel led by the Director, Directorate of Public Prosecution (DPP), Titilayo Shitta-Bey to inform the court that at the last adjourned date, the court adjourned for continuation of trial at the instance of 4th defendant legal representation.

    She said, ” the court asked the fourth defendant how long it will take him to engage a lawyer, he requested for two weeks, now we are in January since November last year.”

    She further submitted that section 36 of the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria provides defendant entitlement to a counsel of his choices. She posited that, there have been Supreme Court pronouncement on unnecessary delay of proceedings in the court.

    “The duty of the court is to assert his control over proceedings where a party has been given opportunity to secure representative, the court cannot wait for ever, or delay the case for ever. Also in the constitution, the issue of speedy trial is fundamental. It is obvious in this case that there is a deliberate attempt to delay trial.” she submitted that Ogungbeje who had hold brief for him can appear for the fourth defendant.

    In responsed to DPP submission, Ogungbeje told court that the brief has not been perfected. According to him, his family met us and promise week or two, the brief has not been perfected and that is why am withdrew my appearance.”
    The prosecution witness, Anslem Dunu was cross examined by Ogungbeje.
    The witness was confirmed that he spoke to unknown voices. He said he would not know whether the voice was of the defendants but insisted that the voice was muffled.

    “The strange voice told me what to do, the voice was muffled.”Dunu continued that he was not the one that took the ransome to them.
    ” I was not the person that took the money to them. So I did not hand over the money to them. I knew the person who gave instruction that I should give the person the money. ”

    Meanwhile, the court has fixed March 2, 2018 to rule on the bail application filed by suspect, Victor Chukwunonso Aduba charged alongside the notorious billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans.

    The presiding judge, Justice Hakeem Oshodi fixed the date after counsel to Evans (first defendant) cross examined the prosecution witness, Anslem Duru.

    After the cross examination, counsel to sixth defendant, Emmanuel Ochai informed the court of the pending application for bail. He urged the court to grant him bail on liberal terms.

    ” In response to bail application, we have filed 11 paragraph affidavit dated November 18, 2017. The issue of bail is at the discretion of the court. There was no material evidence before the court. Guaranteed granting the defendant bail. She urged the court to deny him bail, nothing that no special circumstances warrant granting him bail. Justice Oshodi subsequently adjourned till March 2,2018 for ruling and further cross examination.

    Post Views: 676
    Evans the notorious kidnapper
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleCOURT ORDERS FORFEITURE OF OSBORNE TOWERS WHERE BILLIONS WERE UNCOVERED
    Next Article INVESTMENT IN HEALTHCARE OUR PRIORITY, SAYS BAYELSA INFORMATION COMMISSIONER
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?