Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Business»Agriculture»Court orders arrest of Toyosi Ayodele of Agrorite for alleged N600 million and $50,000 investment fraud
    Agriculture

    Court orders arrest of Toyosi Ayodele of Agrorite for alleged N600 million and $50,000 investment fraud

    starconnectBy starconnect21 May 2025Updated:21 May 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Toyosi Ayodele, CEO of Reaprite Ltd and Agrorite Ltd
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin I Tuesday, May 21, 2025

     

    IKEJA, Lagos – The Chief Executive Officer of Reaprite Global Ltd Agrorit Ltd, Toyosi Ayodele is in trouble, following the decision of a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja to issue a bench warrant for his arrest.

    Toyosi Ayodele is wanted in relation to alleged N600 million and $50,000 investment fraud.

    He and his companies, Reaprite Global Ltd and Agrorite Ltd were charged to court on 11-count charge of obtaining money under false pretences and stealing by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

    Justice Olubunmi Abike-Fadipe issued the bench warrant following the controversies surrounding the medical report submitted by his counsel and the absence of the defendant in court.

    Abike-Fadipe, in her ruling said that medical report which was submitted by Ayodele’s counsel, Mr Chukwuemeka Maduagwu, purportedly from University Teaching Hospital (UCH) Ibadan did not have the stamp of the hospital.

    She added that according to the report, the first defendant was brought to the emergency unit of the hospital on an emergency referral from Reddington Hospital, Lagos.

    The judge said: “I have examined exhibit A, which appears to be a letter issued from the accident and emergency department of the University College Hospital in Ibadan dated May 20, 2025.

    “It states that the first defendant was brought to the emergency unit on an emergency referral from Reddington Hospital with medical histories of extreme high blood pressure, and that he had been admitted and was under treatment and observation.

    “The alleged report which is said to have emanated from UCH, a prestigious and famous institution of medicine in this country, the part of the body that is under high pressure was not mentioned.

    “Emergency referral from quote and unquote Reddington Hospital was not given and note the error in the spelling of Reddington.”

    Abike-Fadipe further said there was nothing to show that UCH conducted any procedure on the first defendant to determine what exactly was ailing him.

    “Lastly, no diagnosis or suggested cause of treatment is included and I am inclined to agree with the prosecutor that this exhibit is not a medical report rather, it is a letter containing information.

    “I am very wary of accepting the document in light of the observations I have made in the preceding paragraph.

    “Consequently, the FCC is directed to verify the authenticity of the letter and in the meantime, a warrant is issued against the first defendant to be produced before the court to state why the bail granted to him ought not to be revoked,” she said.

    The court further said the cost to be paid by the first defence counsel would be determined upon the verification of the letter and the production of the first defendant on the warrant issued.

    The judge adjourned the case until July 8 for further proceedings.

    Earlier, when the case was called, EFCC counsel, Mrs Deborah Ademu-etteh, had informed the court that the matter was for continuation of trial and the witness was in court.

    The defence counsel, however, had informed the court that the defendant had a medical emergency after he left court on Tuesday and had been admitted in UCH.

    Maduagwu had urged the court for adjournment to enable the presence of the defendant to stand the trial.

    The prosecution had objected that the application was a tactic by defence to delay the trial, adding that there was no UCH stamp on the purported medical report.

    Eze had also prayed the court to issue N500,000 cost to defence for delaying the case.

    It was recalled that a chartered accountant and IT expert, Mr James Emadoye had on May 20 testified as the first prosecution witness against the defendant.

    Emadoye, while led in evidence by the EFCC counsel, had told the court that the defendant approached him and his wife with an investment offer in agronomy and they had invested a total of N40 million and $50,000 in three tranches.

    The witness had said trouble began when their daughter needed tuition for studies abroad and he requested to withdraw part of their investment and the defendant allegedly issued two cheques for payment.

    “The cheques were dishonoured upon presentation due to insufficient funds.

    “All efforts to reach the defendant proved futile, prompting me to consult with my brother who also invested with the same company.

    “We subsequently petition the EFCC on behalf of his family and another affected investors,” the witness had said.

    The court had admitted into evidence the EFCC petition, the dishonoured cheques, and investment certificates.

    Post Views: 489
    Agrorite
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleZero CO2 emissions: What is in it for Africa – Ayuk
    Next Article Music teacher bags life imprisonment for defiling his 9 year old pupil
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Morocco 2026: Captain Chidi nets hat-trick as Flamingos trounce Guinea 5-0 in Abidjan

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?