Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»BADAGRY PRINCE NARRATES HOW HIS SIBLING CHEATED OTHERS IN N500M DEAL WITH EKO BANK
    News

    BADAGRY PRINCE NARRATES HOW HIS SIBLING CHEATED OTHERS IN N500M DEAL WITH EKO BANK

    starconnectBy starconnect19 November 2018No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Eko Bank staff charged for stealing customer's money
    Eko Bank Plc
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Monday, Nov. 19, 2018

    IKEJA, Lagos, Nigeria – A prince of Kweme Land, Badagry, Mr Adebowale James today narrated before an Ikeja Special Offences Court how Semasa James, his half brother also a prince, cheated his 26 siblings of N500 million inheritance from their father late Oba Afolabi James.




    Adebowale was testifying at the trial of Semasa and Afolabi Kazeem on a seven-count charge of conspiracy, cheating, stealing, forging of company resolution and fraudulent disposal of trust property to Eko Bank Plc and forgery. Adebowale, an Abuja-based businessman while being led in evidence by Mr O. O Olabisi, the prosecutor of the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU) narrated how Semasa, the sole administrator of their late father’s estate, abused his position and mismanaged funds.

    The prince said the mismanagement was uncovered by his siblings after he cheated them out of funds from the sale of a property at Dideolu Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos.

    “My dad died on Jan. 30, 2002, 27 children survived him and he left a whole lot of valuable property that I cannot fully mention in choice areas of Surulere, Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island and Badagry. My father did not leave a will to the best of my knowledge. The first defendant (Semasa) is my half brother, he is the eight child of 27 children and he is the fourth son, and he is the only administrator of the estate and the signatory to the account.

    “Last year, on behalf of the family, I helped the first defendant get a buyer for the family property at Dideolu Estate, Victoria Island, I found a developer and the property was sold for N300 million. The money was paid in full and he (Semasa) took half of the money for himself and sent peanuts to the rest of the family. We had agreed on a sharing formula and everyone was to get an equal amount regardless of age.

    “The beneficiaries who were 26 were supposed to get N10 million, I received approximately N7million while others got N5million each, the first defendant kept N190 million for himself sharing N110 million for the rest of us.”

    Adebowale told the court that before sharing the money, Semasa informed his siblings that he was entitled to N40million from the sale of the Dideolu Estate property but for the sake of peace, the family decided not to challenge his claims.

    “We got a real estate developer to work on the property, the family decided that we would give him the N40 million and share the rest, but despite our decision he kept a substantial part of the funds for himself,” he said. Adebowale noted that after Semasa allegedly cheated his siblings of their Dideolu Estate inheritance, the family discovered that he had illegally leased a property located at Plot 282 Ajose Adeogun St., Victoria Island, Lagos to Ecobank Plc.

    While being cross-examined by Mr Martin Oyibo, Semasa’s defence counsel, Adebowale told the court that he and other younger siblings had difficulty accessing funds for their school fees and upkeep when Semasa managed the estate.

    “We used to collect our school fees from the first defendant’s office, it was always delayed and we could not function properly because of that. During the time we took the matter to the SFU, the family hired an auditor who revealed that he had mismanaged the estate to the tune of N500 million,” he said.

    NAN reports that a mild fracas had ensued between warring members of the James family while the case was stood-down for a short recess.

    Mrs Adeola Ogbeyemi, Alhaja Shaki Balogun and Mrs Olabisi Kuku had approached one Mrs Bakare the matriarch of the James family threatening her with violence for signing the petition against Semasa that was sent to the SFU . When proceedings resumed, Olabisi informed the court of the fracas and requested that Ogbeyemi, Balogun and Kuku be banned from future proceedings due to their unruly conduct.

    Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo ordered that the three women should identify themselves however, Ogbeyemi was the only one present in court while Balogun and Kuku had left the premises.

    “It is a lie, I did not talk to her, we are family,” Ogbeyemi told the judge. Responding Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo said “You are family but you are not one, I would not hesitate to detain anyone for any altercation, name calling or abuse. We are in this together, to ensure that harmony and piece are brought back to the family.”

    Following the warning Justice Taiwo granted Kazeem, the second defendant who had been in custody since Nov. 12 bail of N5 million with two sureties in like sum. She adjourned the case until Nov. 28, Dec. 12 and 13 for continuation of trial.

    Post Views: 691
    Badagry Prince Prince of Kwemeland
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleDIAMOND ESTATE RESIDENTS SUE FEMAB PROPERTIES FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT
    Next Article HOT LAGOS JUDGE, LATEEFAH OKUNNU SETTLES RIFT WITH EX- HUSBAND
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?