Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Atiku speaks as Boko Haram kills 11 in Governor’s Zulum convoy
    News

    Atiku speaks as Boko Haram kills 11 in Governor’s Zulum convoy

    starconnectBy starconnect26 September 2020No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    11 killed as Zulum’s convoy is ambushed in Baga
    Governor Zulum in the midst of heavy security in Baga
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Saturday, September 26, 2020

    BAGA, Borno, Nigeria – Former Vice President of Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has called on government to pounder  the attack on Governor of Borno State, Prof. Babagana Zulum between Monguno and Baga by suspected members of the Boko Haram insurgents.

    A total of 11 back security forces were killed when the sect ambushed Professor Zulum’s convoy. Zulum was attacked during his two day visit to Baga to supersize ongoing construction work in the area as part of effort to return the settlers.

    Governor Zulum, 2nd left at the Juma’at service in Baga, his first in almost 2 years

    Among those killed were eight policemen and three civilian, while many were injured.

    “The attack on Gov. Babagana Zulum in which over a dozen security operatives were killed between Monguno & Baga should be a source of concern not only because it is the second time such an attack is taking place in recent times, but because the Borno governor is not a soft target.

    “This attack is yet another reminder that we need to adopt new strategies to deal with the menace of insurgency decisively. I convey my condolences to the families of the deceased. I solidarise with the government and people of Borno that Gov Zulum did not come to any harm”, Atiku said.

    Read also, STOLEN WORKS OF GALILEO, SIR ISAAC NEWTON RECOVERED

    In a statement Babagana Umara Zulum  said he is saddened by the killing of 11 security personnel made up of eight policemen and three civilian JTF members ambushed on their way to Baga as security backup in reconstruction efforts.

    The governor was in Baga from Thursday to Friday as part to supervise efforts to return residents as part strategies that aim in to cut boko haram’s long use of the commercial town as main transit for undertaking major fishing trade and tax administration from which the insurgents fund their murderous activities.

     Baga, Borno’s largest fishing community in the shores of the Lake Chad with water ways to neighboring countries is considered strategic to boko haram’s operation.

    Zulum’s spokesman, malam Isa Gusau, in a statement issued Saturday, said two convoys- one belonging to the governor and another for a committee on Baga reconstruction had safely plied the Maiduguri-Baga route previous days before the third convoy of security men was ambushed on Friday morning even after precautionary steps had been taken to ensure safe trips.

    “Governor Babagana Umara Zulum is saddened by this unfortunate carnage. He shares the grief of families of these 11 priceless heroes to whom Borno shall remain grateful. The governor prays for the repose of their souls and urges all stakeholders to remain committed to ongoing peace building efforts. Zulum is of the opinion that we must continue to keep hope alive even in the face of tribulations, and believe that with sustained efforts and prayers, Borno will eventually regain peace.

    “The situation facing us is a tough one but we must choose between doing something which gives us some hope and doing nothing which will leave us more vulnerable to Boko Haram’s ultimate wish to takeover Borno and bring it under their sovereign brutal administration” the statement said. Zulum attends Baga’s first juma’at prayers in nearly two years.

    Baga town was displaced by the Boko Haram insurgents 21 months ago, with most of the residents taking refuge in Monguno and Maiduguri.

    You may also like, NFF NAMES HEAD COACHES OF ALL NATIONAL TEAMS

    In the Governor’s convoy were the Senator representing Northern Borno, Abubakar Kyari, house of reps members representing Marte, Monguno, Nganzai, Mohammed Tahir Monguno and that of Mobbar, Kukawa, Guzamala, Abadam federal constituencies, Bukar Gana Kareto. Speaker of Borno State House of Assembly, Abdulkarim Lawan, Chairman of Baga resettlement committee and the Commissioner for Justice, Barr. Kaka Shehu Lawan were on the trip and some top government officials.

    While taking tour of the construction work going on in Baga, Governor Zulum commended the resettlement committee for the quality and speed of work.

    Zulum had on August 31, 2020 inaugurated a resettlement committee, which was mandated to commence immediate reconstruction and rehabilitation work in Baga

    Post Views: 916
    Attack on Zulum convoy
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleIPMAN pulls out of labour strike slated for Monday
    Next Article Coronavirus: 136 new cases in Nigeria 7, 370 active and 13, 129 cases left in Chile
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Morocco 2026: Captain Chidi nets hat-trick as Flamingos trounce Guinea 5-0 in Abidjan

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?