Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Zafar, 43, who raped girl 18 multiple times jailed
    News

    Zafar, 43, who raped girl 18 multiple times jailed

    starconnectBy starconnect19 July 2025No Comments5 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Justice for Janayo Lucima
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin I Saturday, July 19, 2025
    LONDON – A man, Zafar Hussain who raped and sexually assaulted a girl multiple times has been jailed for 19 years after an investigation by specialist Met detectives.

    Hussain, 43  of Bramble Close, SE19 was sentenced to 19 years in prison on Friday, 18 July at Harrow Crown Court, with an additional year to be served on licence. He will also be on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely, and has been made subject to a 25-year sexual harm prevention order.

    He was found guilty at Crown  Court on Wednesday 16 April of six counts of raping a child aged under 13, four counts of sexual activity with a child, one count of sexual assault of a child under 13 and one count of the attempted rape of a child under 13.

    Detective Inspector Tom Palmer, from the North West Area’s Public Protection team, said: “I would like to commend the victim for her bravery in reporting Hussain to us. Her evidence was critical in bringing Hussain to justice for his heinous crimes.

    “I would also like to commend the investigation team who worked tirelessly to secure justice for the victim. Sexual assault and rape cases are never simple to investigate and this case was particularly complex. This did not deter the detectives who worked tirelessly, and where determined to see Hussain get his day in court.

    “I hope this case highlights that the Met is committed to tackling violence against women and girls and that we will thoroughly investigate all allegations of sexual assault, no matter the circumstance.

    The court heard that in June 2022 Hussain first approached the victim, who was 11-years-old at the time, and asked for her social media account details to message her privately.

    Hussain began to bombard the victim with sexual images and videos, and although she initially blocked him from contacting her, he soon persuaded her to resume contact. In January 2023, Hussain picked her up from school and drove to a nearby location where he sexually assaulted her. In March 2023, Hussain raped her twice.

    Over the course of a year, he would arrange to meet the victim after school and take her to a location in his car before raping or sexually assaulting her. He would also shower her with over-the-top gifts, such as Apple Air Pods, jewellery, make-up, and money.

    In 2024, the victim’s mother discovered a series of messages on her daughters’ phone from Hussain which seemed romantic in nature. Suspicious, she spoke to the victim who then said that she had been abused.

    The matter was reported to police on Tuesday, 20 February 2024 and two days later Hussain was arrested.

    Vital evidence, including clothing the victim had worn when last assaulted by Hussain, and her mobile phone were seized. Detectives were able to use mobile phone cell site information to identify the days in which the victim and Hussain’s phone were in the same vicinity and at the same time.

    Automatic number plate recognition enquiries were also completed on Hussain’s vehicle which showed a match to the mobile phone cell site data. Work was completed on Hussain’s social media accounts. Officers were able to link the usage of the phone back to Hussain at his home address.

    DNA from the victim’s clothing was forensically examined and matched samples from Hussain.

    On arrest, Hussain commented to officers that he was in love with the victim. He was charged on Thursday 22 February with 12 offences. A jury found him guilty of all offences.

    In a statement the victim said: “I initially didn’t see what was happening to me as abuse because Zafar had convinced me that it was okay and that he loved me. But now I know that what was happening was wrong and he took advantage of me. He made me feel more like an adult instead of a child. He said bad things about my parents to turn me against them so that I only had him. I trusted him and the things he said to me.

    “Before this happened to me, I used to get really good grades at school, especially in my core subjects which are the most important. However, since what happened to me my grades have dropped quite a lot. I just find it so much harder to focus during my lessons.

    “I am very different at school now, so much quieter than I used to be. Sometimes at night I find it hard to sleep and I end up thinking about it, that can make me upset. My friends don’t know about what happened to me and I can’t talk to them about it. Only my mum and dad know what happened to me, the rest of my family don’t know, and I wouldn’t want them to find out in case they judge me.

    “I was really scared when I first told the police about what happened to me. Things have been hard between my mum and dad since this happened, its affected not only me but my family too. I hope that we can all forget about what happened one day.”

     

    Post Views: 431
    Hussain Zafar
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticlePolice recovers N10 million, vehicle from kidnappers, rescues captives
    Next Article Buhari: Tributes and reflections 
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?