Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»WHY MINISTER OF JUSTICE, MALAMI SENT DSS AFTER ME – JUSTICE ADENIYI ADEMOLA
    News

    WHY MINISTER OF JUSTICE, MALAMI SENT DSS AFTER ME – JUSTICE ADENIYI ADEMOLA

    starconnectBy starconnect16 October 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Justice Adeniyi Ademola,
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Nigeria, Oct 16, 2016 – One of the judges arrested last week in a nocturnal raid by officials of the Department of State Security(DSS), Justice Adeniyi Ademola has alleged that he was made to sign a confessional statement at gunpoint by the DSS.

    He said that his offences include granting bail to Col Sambo Dasuki and detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.


    In a letter addressed to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Ademola alleged that the sting operation carried out by DSS at his home in Abuja, was a personal vendetta against him masterminded by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.
    He explained that Malami is trying to get at him for ordering his arrest for professional misconduct, while he was serving as a Federal judge in Kano between 2004-2008.

    “Contrary to media report being circulated, I have never confessed to any crime or implicated anybody, including judges, in my statement obtained from me by the DSS.

    “What is more intriguing in this whole episode is that I see it as a vendetta/revenge from the Hon. Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Mallami, SAN, (who) whilst I was in Kano between 2004 and 2008 as a Federal High Court judge was involved in a professional misconduct necessitating his arrest and detention by my order.

    “However, with the intervention of the Nigerian Bar Association, Kano Branch, the allegation of misconduct was later withdrawn by me. Consequently, the National Judicial Council referred Abubakar Mallami to the NBA Disciplinary Committee for disciplinary action.

    “ It was a result of this he was denied the rank of SAN by the Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee for the period of four years, until when he produced a fake letter of apology, purportedly, addressed to me. It was then he was conferred with the rank. Since the above incident, Abubakar Mallami has threatened to revenge and swore to do anything to bring me down. My Lord, with this infringement of my fundamental right, I seek for the leave to commence an action against the DSS to encore my right that was breached,” he stated.

    “For and interest of my life, and unknown persons with mask on their faces, I collected the written items and signed the document. Upon signing the document, they told me that I am under arrest and ordered me with guns still pointed at me to move outside. As I was going, they told me they were taking me to their office, Department of State Services office, without showing any warrant of arrest.




    “I obeyed them and about six o’clock in the morning; I was whisked away from my residence to the DSS office without any warrant of arrest or reason for my arrest. From the time of my arrival at the DSS office, at about 6:45am on 8/10/2016, I was not told what my crime was for over 24 hours till the evening of 9/10/2016.

    “A DSS official finally informed me that the search of my house and arrest were based on these three allegations: petition of Hon. Jenkins Duvie dated 4th of April 2016 to the National Judicial Council; granting bail to Col. Sambo Dasuki and the unconditional release of Nnamdi Kanu; and using my office to secure my wife’s appointment as the head of civil service through Senator Bola Tinubu,” he said.

    Post Views: 628
    Arrest of judges Justice Ademola Adeniyi
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleFASHOLA: FG WILL PROVIDE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT FOR SUSTAINABLE HOUSING
    Next Article ST BOLLYWOOD AFRICA OFFERS INDIAN PROGRAMS IN ENGLISH, YORUBA
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    ​STREETS OF FEAR: Stamford Hill hate monster jailed after terrorizing Jewish community and smashing up car

    23 May 2026

    ​CAUGHT IN ACTION: Digital predator jailed for 10 years after Met cops ambush him at ‘meeting’ with child

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026

    ​STREETS OF FEAR: Stamford Hill hate monster jailed after terrorizing Jewish community and smashing up car

    23 May 2026

    The unwritten rules of a true democracy

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026

    Aroma Electrocution Scare:Anambra Newspaper Vendor Recounts Miraculous Escape

    23 May 2026

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?