Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Ugbo Crisis: Olugbo speaks on purported evacuation at palace, governor
    News

    Ugbo Crisis: Olugbo speaks on purported evacuation at palace, governor

    starconnectBy starconnect27 April 2020Updated:27 April 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Olugbo speaks on Ugbo crisis
    Ondo State Governor, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Monday, April 27, 2020

    ONDO, Nigeria – The palace of Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom has once again debunked the seeming misinformation about the meeting held on Wednesday, the 22nd April between the Ondo state Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu and Ugbo stakeholders.

    In a statement signed by Otunba Adeyemi Edigan, Director of Media and Publicity, Olugbo Palace, the general public was advised to ignore a social media post by one Mafimisebi Opa-alade which intent was to mislead the unwary public with false claims and unfounded story .

    Setting the record straight on the peace meeting the Governor held with them at the Government House, Alagbaka Akure, Otunba Edigan said at no time did the meeting directed the security agencies to evacuate anybody from the ancestral palace of Olugbo to which Prince Banjo Mafimisebi laid claim to through his Facebook crony, Mafimisebi Opa-alade.

    Edigan said Ondo state Governor never made reference to Prince Adebanjo as an Oba since he had been deposed over a decade ago, wondering what Opa- alade wished to gain from the apparent misinformation, which of course stands logic on its head.

    Read Also, NDDC REACTS TO ALLEGATIONS OF FRAUD

    While calling on the peace loving people of Ugbo to see Opa-alade’s social media post on the meeting with the Governor as a poor narrative and blatant distortion of the proceedings of the meeting, Otunba Edigan added that the aim of Prince Banjo Mafimisebi, the deposed Olugbo is to continually create communal crisis so as to distort the peaceful reign of the Olugbo of Ugboland, Oba (Dr.) Frederick Obateru Akinruntan, CON, who is the Chairman, Ondo state Council of Obas.

    RE: UGBO CRISIS (MEETTING WITH ARAKUNRIN OLUWAROTIMI AKEREDOLU ON ODE-UGBO CRISIS)

    My attention has been drawn to a post on Facebook by one Mafimisebi Opa-alade in respect of the meeting held on Wednesday, 22nd April, 2020 with the Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi O. Akeredolu, SAN at the Government House Grounds, Akure, as regards the seeming crisis in Ode-Ugbo.

    Mr Mafimisebi Opa-alade had attempted to mislead readers, and it is important to correct the misleading and false claims of Mafimisebi Opa-alade on Facebook, and set the records straight.

    Here are the clarifications:

    I. That the meeting never directed the security agencies to evacuate anybody from the ancestral Palace of Olugbo to which Prince Adebanjo Mafimisebi is laying claim;

    II. That the Governor never referred to Prince Adebanjo Mafimisebi as an Oba, having been deposed more than a decade ago; and

    III. That the Governor never said Prince Adebanjo Mafimisebi can live in Ode-Ugbo where he was deposed.

    It is a known fact that Prince Mafimisebi cannot live peacefully in the town.

    The general public should be wary of Prince Adebanjo Mafimisebi whose stock in trade is distortion of facts. The aim of Prince Adebanjo Mafimisebi, deposed Olugbo is to continually create communal crisis and distort the peaceful reign of the Olugbo of Ugboland, Oba (Dr.) Frederick Obateru Akinruntan, CON who is the Chairman, Ondo State Council of Obas.

    Otunba Adeyemi Edigan
    Director of Media and Publicity
    Olugbo Palace
    Ode Ugbo

    Post Views: 777
    Ugbo
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleLockdown: Lagos to carry out mass burial
    Next Article Kano has halted tests for Coronavirus amidst mystery deaths – Kwankwaso
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026

    Morocco 2026: Captain Chidi nets hat-trick as Flamingos trounce Guinea 5-0 in Abidjan

    23 May 2026

    Alleged $1.5m Fraud: Court Rejects Businessman Ufoma Joseph Immanuel Bail, Dismisses Objection

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?