Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»UFOMA JOSEPH IMMANUEL DOCKED IN $1.5 MILLION FRAUD
    News

    UFOMA JOSEPH IMMANUEL DOCKED IN $1.5 MILLION FRAUD

    starconnectBy starconnect11 March 2026Updated:11 March 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    • Ufoma Joseph Immanuel

     

    Emmanuel Thomas l Wednesday, March 11:26

     

    IKEJA, Lagos – The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday arraigned a man, Ufoma Joseph Immanuel before an Ikeja Special Offences Court on alleged $1.5 million oil fraud.

    Joseph was arraigned alongside his company, Intermediate Investment Holdings Ltd on a two-count charge of obtaining by false pretence and forgery.

    The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

    EFCC Counsel, Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, thereafter asked the court for a trial date.

    The prosecutor also urged the court to remand the defendant with the interpol pending the conclusion of their investigation.

    According to him, the defendants appeared in court for the purpose of arraignment and when the investigation with interpol is over, he will be remanded at the appropriate correctional centre.

    Sonoiki also brought to the notice of the court that a scenario played out on March 2, the last adjourned date.

    The prosecutor alleged that the Defence Counsel, Mr Oluseun Awonuga (SAN) physically assaulted his colleague, Mr Emenike Mgbemele.

    “My lord, the learned silk physically assaulted my colleague at the staircase, on his was to serve the defendant as directed by the court.

    “It is very sad. A senior advocate for that matter.

    “There is a video to that effect and we intend to tender it before the court,” Sonoiki said.

    The Defense Counsel, Awonuga, did not respond to the allegation made against him by the prosecution.

    Awonuga, thereafter informed the court of a preliminary objections and written address dated Jan.5 and urged the court to discountenance the counter-affidavit of the prosecution.

    According to him, a copy of the ruling delivered by Federal High Court says EFCC should not arrest the defendant.

    “EFCC has flouted the order by arresting the defendant and hereby urge your lordship to discountenance their counter- affidavit,” he said.

    Sonoiki, in his response, said that the ruling was part of the motion which had earlier been withdrawn by defence and should not be before the court.

    The prosecutor, in his 21 paragraphs counter-affidavits dated Feb.9, urged the court to dismiss the notice of preliminary objections.

    According to him, there is no where in the ruling that the defendants can not be arraigned in a court of competent jurisdiction.

    “My lord, the ruling was delivered in a civil case and according to Supreme Court, criminal case and civil case can go on at the same time.

    “We urge the court to dismiss the application and order accelerated hearing in this case,” sonoiki said.

    Justice Mojisola Dada thereafter adjourned the case until May 7 for ruling and ordered that the defendant be remanded at the interpol, pending the conclusion of their investigation after which he would be remanded at the correctional centre pending hearing of bail application.

    According to the charge, the defendants allegedly obtained the sum of 1.5 million dollars from the complainant, Adebisi Adebutu of R28 Holdings Ltd between April 2022 and October 2023 under false pretences.

    EFCC alleged that the money was paid as investment in a proposed petroleum development project, with assurances of reimbursement, payment of development capital fee, and allocation of shares in Intermediate Investment Holdings Ltd.

    The anti-graft agency further accused the first defendant of forging a document titled “Term Sheet,” purportedly executed by Sherrif Oluwo and Olaniran Osotuyi, to facilitate the transaction.

    According to the prosecution, the alleged offences contravene Section 1(1)(a) and 1(3) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and Section 363 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

    Post Views: 407
    Ufoma Joseph Immanuel
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleRIHANNA, ASAP ROCKY CAUGHT IN MIDDAY SHOOTOUT
    Next Article Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor Nominated for Law Personality of the Year 2026
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026

    ​THE NEXT VIRAL FRONTIER: WHO SOUNDS ALARM OVER ‘VERY HIGH’ EBOLA BUNDIBUGYO RISK IN DRC AND UGANDA

    23 May 2026

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?