September 10, 2014 – Less than 24 hours after 22 people among them children were injured in cooking gas explosion in Epe, a suburb of Lagos, another incident involving cooking gas explosion has occurred in Epe, burning at least two children.
According to Public Relations Officer, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr. Ibrahim Farinloye, the explosion occurred when the affected children were probably playing with match sticks.
He said the affected children have been rushed to the General Hospital, Epe where those affected in the incident of Tuesday were been attended to.
He called on parents to warn their children against playing with gaseous substance and train them on the use of fire extinguishers in case of accidents.
He advised parents to try as much as possible to replace metal gas cylinders with fibre cylinders which he said is fire resistant and less likely to explode.