Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»PLATEAU KILLINGS: JANG PLOTS NATIONWIDE GENOCIDE, SAYS CESJET
    News

    PLATEAU KILLINGS: JANG PLOTS NATIONWIDE GENOCIDE, SAYS CESJET

    starconnectBy starconnect3 October 2018No Comments5 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Former Governor of Plateau State, Jonah David Jang
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin I Wednesday, October 02, 2018

    JOS, Plateau, Nigeria – A civil rights organisation, Centre for Social Justice, Equity and Transparency  (CESJET), on Wednesday raised the alarm over alleged grand plots to unleash a nationwide instability across Nigeria using Plateau state as the launch pad. The organisation claimed that the plot had been hatched by a former governor of Plateau State, Jonah David Jang to provoke ethno-religious crisis on a large scale. 




    According to CESJET, Jang has “drafted the Beroms, his ethnic group, for this deadly plot that is now unfolding on a daily basis.” Speaking with journalists in Jos on the present crisis engulfing the metropolis, the Executive Director of CESJET, Joyce Ogwu, stated that the first objective of Jang is to trigger similar crisis across the entire country based on the expectations that persons of other ethnicities and faiths would carry out reprisals that would overwhelm the police and therefore spiral out of control.

    She said, “The second objective is to on the strength of the crisis prevent the country from holding elections as scheduled in February 2019. The third objective derives from the combination of the first and second objective, which is to precipitate a constitutional crisis that would undermine the corporate and sovereign integrity of Nigeria.”

    While condemning the killings which it described as barbaric and inhuman, the organisation called on the relevant international human rights groups to immediately document them with a view to holding those responsible to account at some point. 

    Ogwu said, “We allude to perpetrators of this act being held accountable at some points because it will seem that the present political dynamics give them a kind of assurance that they can get away with crimes of the proportion they are committing. 

    “The CESJET held out hope that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari would have by now dared the consequences and arrest those that are behind these crimes against humanity. Such actions are yet to take place which leaves us no other option than to raise the alarm for the world to hear us. There is a grand plot to unleash a nationwide instability across Nigeria using Plateau state as the Launchpad. This satanic plot has former governor of the state, Senator Jonah Jang, at its core. 

    “Jang has drafted the Beroms, his ethnic group, for this deadly plot that is now unfolding on a daily basis. This rallies with his promise to make the state and the country at large ungovernable following the loss of election by his party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). He made this threat without anything happening to him.

    “While he might have been surreptitiously implementing this plan in the past, his arraignment for corruption charges has changed the fundamentals. He is now reported to be working for the collapse of Nigeria on the premise that his trial for theft of public funds cannot continue once Nigeria ceases to exist. 

    “Several other former public office holders that have been indicted or standing trial for corruption have been recruited to be part of this agenda also in the hope that they will walk away free from their ongoing trial for corruption.

    This plot took a dangerous turn when Berom militia, funded by Jang, mingled with protesters and killed Nigerians of other ethnic extractions claiming that it was retaliation for killing of Beroms by unknown gunmen. 

    “These unknown gunmen have now been proven to be assassins that were instructed to go on the killing spree and create justification for reprisals against other Nigerians with a view to causing a breakdown of law and order across the country.

    “Several persons were killed and others declared missing in the wake of the protests that were hijacked by Jang’s militia. Retired Major General Idris Alkali disappeared under unclear circumstances in a zone controlled by these militias and sadly his car and personal effects are the only things found about him so far. 

    “The riots further staged by students and women in the area are nothing but acts of cover-up. This was after the community where his car was eventually found denied the Army the right to evacuate a pond to search for his dead body. 

    “The CESJET is therefore calling the attention of President Muhammadu Buhari to this threat to the nation’s security and the need to place security agencies on alert to forestall the success of the plot being hatched against the country in a bid to get at his government. 

    “The Nigerian Police Force should be directed to speed up its investigation and apprehend all those linked with this plot and immediately arraign them before competent courts to serve as a deterrence to others that may wish to thread similar paths. 

    “Mr. President can no longer continue to be indifferent towards the dangerous antics of Senator Jonah Jang simply because he is concerned about how Nigerians or the world will perceive his arrest as persecution. The government should also back the Nigerian Army in its investigation to unravel the fate of retired Major General Idril Alkali as no Nigerian, especially one that has given 35 years of his life in service to the fatherland, should end up the way the General has been treated. 

    “The Army should bring in the police where necessary since there are reports that human remains were found when it emptied the pond in which the general’s car was found. For us, this is indication that Jang’s Militia might have been engaged in pogrom against other ethnic nationalities and were only found out when the retired general disappeared.

    “We further appeal to the Federal Government to intensify ongoing enlightenment campaigns to educate citizens about the dangers of succumbing to ethno-religious oriented incitements as they are detrimental to the nation. 

    “The necessary mechanisms should be put in place to engender confidence building so that people will not have course to resort to self-help or reprisal attacks that would only worsen the present situation in areas where Senator Jang is implementing his agenda.”

    Post Views: 948
    Jang
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleAMBODE CONGRATULATES SANWO-OLU, SAYS PROGRESS OF LAGOS NON-NEGOTIABLE
    Next Article FAN UNVEILS UGLY PAST OF BBN’S CEEC, SAYS SHE’S WORST THAN A PROSTITUTE
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​WHITE HOUSE WARZONE: SECRET SERVICE TAKE DOWN GUNMAN IN GUN BATTLE

    24 May 2026

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?