Parents have been warned to stay away from a popular brand of fruit juice among school age children called Caprisonne. The product is one of the quality brands churned out by Chi Group of Companies.
We gathered that the product was discovered to have been contaminated after it was pushed into the market. We discovered that there was pasteurisation failure during production leading to growth of bacteria in the product.
Some children who have ingested the affected product in Lagos and neighbouring states have showed classical signs of food poisoning, coming down with serious vomiting, stooling and attendant general body weakness.
Parents are warned to open every pack of the product and pour into a clear glass before giving it to their wards for ingestion.
Meanwhile officials of Chi group of companies have confirmed that they are aware that the product has entered the market. A customer care officer who spoke to us when we called confirmed that they are aware of the presence of the product in the market but urged our correspondent to hold on so that those in Corporate Affairs department could speak on the matter. Our correspondent waited for over 5 minutes only for the customer care to apologise that the officers were not on seat.
We also sent emails notifying them of the product and what they are doing about it but by the time of publication, Chi was yet to reply our emails.