Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Over 100 civilians killed in Lebanon as Israel, Hezbollah deal on ceasefire
    News

    Over 100 civilians killed in Lebanon as Israel, Hezbollah deal on ceasefire

    starconnectBy starconnect27 November 2024No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Israel losses soldiers
    Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin I Wednesday, November 27, 2024

    WASHINGTON –  The Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu led Israeli government and the Islamic Resistant in Lebanon,Hezbollah has reached an agreement for ceasefire in hostilities.

    The Israeli Defence Forces, IDF however ended the bloodshed with at least 100 civilians killed in Lebanon on Tuesday alone just as Hezbollah fired scores of rockets into Northern Israel.

    Outgoing President of the United States, Joe Biden announced the ceasefire deal in Washington.

    “Today, I have good news to report from the Middle East.

    “I have spoken to the Prime Ministers of Lebanon and Israel. And I am pleased to announce:

    “They have accepted the United States’ proposal to end the devastating conflict between Israel and Hezbullah”, he said.

    Hours before the announcement, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock had hinted that a ceasefire between Israel and the Hezbollah militia in Lebanon is “within reach.”

    She spoke at the meeting of the G7 foreign ministers in Italy on progress towards a political solution thanks to direct mediation by the United States and France.

    The German government had worked intensively on this with “closely coordinated shuttle diplomacy.”

    “We are at a critical moment right now – perhaps a moment that also gives us hope,” said Baerbock at the meeting, which is being held in the small town of Fiuggi in central Italy.

    However, hope alone should not be relied upon, she said. Close coordination is particularly important, including between the Group of Seven (G7) democratic industrialized nations and Arab countries.

    The minister added: “Giving up, despite setbacks, is simply not an option.”

    So far details about the ceasefire deal remain sketchy but the American government provided guarantee for the ceasefire deal.

    Here are some of the highlights:

    – Israel and the US intend to share sensitive intelligence concerning violations, including any infiltration by Hezbullah into the Lebanese army.

    – The US may share information provided by Israel with agreed third parties (the Lebanese government and/or the commission) to allow them to address the violation

    – The United States is obligated to cooperate with Israel in order to curb Iran’s activities in Lebanon, including preventing the transfer of weapons, affiliates, and others from Iranian territory

    – The United States recognizes Israel’s right to respond to threats coming from Lebanese territory in accordance with international law

    – In the southern region – Israel reserves the right to act at any time against violations of the commitments

    – Outside the southern region, Israel reserves the right to act against the development of threats directed against it, if Lebanon is unable or unwilling to thwart these threats: including the introduction of illegal weapons into Lebanon through borders and crossings

    – If Israel decides to take such measures, it will inform the United States of this wherever possible

    – Israeli flights over Lebanon will be conducted for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance purposes only, and will not be visible to the unarmed eye as much as possible, and will not break the sound barrier

    Post Views: 372
    Lebanon
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleNew study unravels total number of immigrant workers needed to support German economy until 2040
    Next Article Israel kills Al-Jabari, Senior Hamas sniper in Gaza
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?