Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Our CCTV stopped working, didn’t capture shooting, LCC tells Lagos panel
    News

    Our CCTV stopped working, didn’t capture shooting, LCC tells Lagos panel

    starconnectBy starconnect3 November 2020Updated:3 November 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    LCC boss reveals plot to hid army shooting at Lekki tollgate, says CCTV not working
    Burna Boy mourns dozens of members of #endSARS movement killed in cold blood by Nigerian army
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Benjamin Omoike l Tuesday, November 03, 2020

    LAGOS, Nigeria – Managing Director of Lekki Concession Company, Abayomi Omamuwasan, has informed the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry that the Closed-Circuit Television, CCTV camera of the company did not capture the shooting of peaceful #ENDSARS protesters by the Nigerian Army.

    He informed the panel that the CCTV camera stopped recording due to the vandalism of some equipment and fire outbreak at the toll gate.

    Omamuwasan had earlier submitted a hard drive to the panel, saying it contained the incident that happened on October 20, 2020.

    While further testifying before the panel, he disclosed that the CCTV stopped recording around 8pm and did not capture the shootings.

    He also said the company had three surveillance cameras located at Sandfill, Ikoyi Bridge and one at Chevron.

    According to him: “The surveillance camera didn’t capture the shooting. It stopped recording around 8pm,” Omamuwasan told the panel.

    He added that the fire outbreak at the Ikoyi Bridge affected the CCTV cameras and it stopped recording.

    Explaining the reason for the power outage, he insisted that the company complied with the curfew and asked staff to leave in adherence with the directive of the state government. He added that the company withdrew its staff from the toll gate, following the takeover of the toll gate by the protesters.

    Recall that on that fateful day, soldiers allegedly opened fire on peaceful #ENDSARS protesters, killing not less than a dozen protesters with many sustaining bullet wounds.

    The army initially denied involvement in the shooting, saying its soldiers were not at the scene. It, however, later admitted that soldiers were at the toll gate, revealing they were drafted on the orders of the state government.

    LCC on CCTV Lekki shooting
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleSecond slavery:28 year old Nigerian lady sold 4 times in Oman begs for help
    Next Article Standard Bank returns to 3rd China International Import Expo
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    or
    Login with Bluehost
    Lost password?