Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Oba Otudeko: Court to reconvene in N12.3 billion suit
    News

    Oba Otudeko: Court to reconvene in N12.3 billion suit

    starconnectBy starconnect9 May 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Oba Otudeko loan controversy
    Oba Otudeko
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin I Friday, May 09, 2025

     

    IKOYI, Lagos – A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has adjourned the N12.3 billion loan controversy case involving the Chairman of Honeywell Group, Oba Otudeko, and three others, to June 11, 2025.

    Justice Chukwujekwu Aneke postponed the case to allow time for either a peaceful settlement or the formal arraignment of the suspects.

    The decision followed reports that negotiation are still ongoing between the parties involved for out-of-court settlement as advised by the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), who is trying to mediate.

    During Thursday’s hearing, Otudeko’s lawyer, Bode Olanipekun (SAN), told the court that negotiations for an out-of-court resolution were still in progress.

    Similarly, the lawyer for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Bilikisu Buhari, acknowledged the discussions but asked the court to set a new date for arraignment in case the negotiations fail.

    It will be recalled that at the last sitting of the court on March 17, Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) had informed the judge that a meeting involving all counsel had been convened at the instance of the Attorney General of the Federation.

    He said that this was aimed at reaching a peaceful settlement of the case.

    Olanipekun had also stated that substantial progress was made, and the AGF directed all parties to refrain from actions that could jeopardize the resolution process, including filing further applications.

    The court will reconvene on June 11 to hear the outcome of the settlement talks or proceed with the arraignment if no agreement is reached.

     

    Oba Otudeko
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleRobert Prevost elected Pope of the Vatican City 
    Next Article Emirates  profit hits $6.2 billion now world’s most profitable airline
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?