Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»NIGERIAN GOVT NAMES MORE LOOTERS OF PUBLIC TREASURY
    News

    NIGERIAN GOVT NAMES MORE LOOTERS OF PUBLIC TREASURY

    starconnectBy starconnect2 April 2018Updated:2 April 2018No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Lai Mohammed
    Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Monday, April 02, 2018

    LAGOS, Nigeria – Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has released a long list of those government believes looted the treasury of Nigeria. The list is the second since the minister first released a few list of looters few days ago. In a statement issued on Sunday, the minister said those complaining that the initial list was too short apparently did not understand that it was strategically released as a teaser.




    ”At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg. Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government,” he said.

    Acccording to him, what was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke? Did they think it is April Fool?” he said.

    He said the PDP’s reaction to the looters’ list has shown that its recent apology is an election-induced act, contrived to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians to vote for the party in the 2019 general election, even when it has not come clean on its looting spree during its time in office.
    Mohammed said the Federal Government will neither be intimidated nor blackmailed into silence, adding that it will also not rest until all those who looted the public treasury have been brought to justice. He went further to name more alleged looters and the amount they embezzled, which includes:

    “Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office.

    A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards. “Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Kola Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty.

    About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice. “Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property. “Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far. “Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already. “Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties.

    “Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered. “Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured. “Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured. “Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA. “Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion.

    “Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered. “Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion. “Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million. “Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion. ” Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million. “Tom Ikimi: N300 million. Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million. “Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million. “Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion. “Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion. “Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million. ” Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion. “Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion”, he said.

    Post Views: 489
    List of Looters of Public treasury Names of Looters
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleTENTIK TELLS TALES OF A STARVING ARTIST IN NEW VIDEO
    Next Article TREASURY LOOTERS: JONATHAN’S AIDE NAMES BUHARI, AMAECHI AMONG THE REAL LOOTERS
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?