Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»N2BN FRAUD: JUDGE RETURNS ORONSAYE’S CASE FILE
    News

    N2BN FRAUD: JUDGE RETURNS ORONSAYE’S CASE FILE

    starconnectBy starconnect1 March 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Former Nigerian HOS, Mr. Orosanye
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email




    Nigeria, March 1, 2016 – The N2bn fraud case involving a former Head of Service, HoS, to the Federation, Stephen Oronsaye, would have to start de novo as the presiding judge, Justice J. T. Tsoho, has said he has been “instructed” to return the case file to Justice Gabriel Kolawole, who was initially assigned the case in July 2015.

    Oronsaye is being prosecuted at the Federal High Court, Abuja, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on offences bordering on stealing and obtaining money by false pretence. He is alleged to have been complicit in several contract awards during his tenure as HoS, and is being charged along with Osarenkhoe Afe on an amended 35-count charge.

    They had taken a plea of “not guilty” before Justice Kolawole, to the initial 24-count charge brought against them. However, findings from further investigations, according to the prosecution, had necessitated a need to amend the charges, in which Oronsaye, Afe, and Fredrick Hamilton Global Services Limited, were alleged to have been complicit in several biometric contract awards.

    In the amended counts, they are charged along with three others, which are corporate bodies – Cluster Logistic Limited, Kangolo Dynamic Cleaning Limited and Drew Investment and Construction Company Limited.
    Justice Kolawole had fixed February 16, 2016 for the defendants to enter their pleas for the amended counts; but on the said date, information at the court indicated that the case had been reassigned to Justice Tsoho.

    At the sitting before Justice Tsoho, they could not, however, take their pleas as there were no legal representatives at the proceeding for Cluster Logistic Limited, Kangolo Dynamic Cleaning Limited and Drew Investment and Construction Company Limited. The trial judge had at the sitting adjourned till March 1, 2016 to ensure that the defendants were served with the amended charges for the case to proceed.

    At the resumed sitting today, prosecution counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, told the court that the co-defendants had been served with the summons.

    “We have served the fourth, fifth and sixth defendants with the summons, but they still have not appeared, and no legal representative,” he said. Citing Section 478 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, Jacobs urged the court to “enter a plea of not guilty for them since they are corporations”.

    Kanu Agabi, SAN, counsel to Oronsaye, did not raise any objections, neither did Oluwole Aladedoye, counsel to Afe and Frederick Hamilton Global Services.

    But in a twist, Justice Tsoho, told the court that the case file came to him by error, and “the instruction is that the file be returned to the judge who started the matter and so will simply record it and return it”.
    Jacobs argued that “we never asked for the case to be moved to another judge, moreover, the case has not commenced before the other judge.”

    Justice Tsoho, however, ruled that: “It has been realized that the case came to me in error, and I’ve been instructed that it should be returned to Justice Kolawole who started it; he should continue where he stopped. I wish you the best of luck.”

    Post Views: 523
    Fraud in government
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleBARRACK, BEAL, ELLIOTT, DRIVERS ENDORSE TRUMP
    Next Article N2.3BN SCAM: COURT ADMITS EXHIBITS AGAINST AKPOBOLOKEMI, OTHERS
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?