Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»MAN BEHIND IMPORTED 2 CONTAINER LOAD OF RIFLES DOCKED
    News

    MAN BEHIND IMPORTED 2 CONTAINER LOAD OF RIFLES DOCKED

    starconnectBy starconnect23 October 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Shocking content of the container offloaded at NCS office
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    IKOYI, Lagos, Nigeria– The businessman who allegedly imported two container load of pump action rifles , Mr. Ayogu Great James was on Monday docked at a Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos. According to the Nigerian Customs Services (NCS), Ayogu Great James, a resident of Plot 291, Dawaki extension, opposite Gwarinpa Estate, Abuja, imported a total of 1,570 pump action rifles into Nigeria.




    He was docked alongside his company, Great James Oil and Gas Limited, located at 1, Warehouse Road, Apapa, Lagos and one Emeka Umeh Festus, also known as Amankwa, who is said to be at large.

    Prior to the arraignment of Ayogu and his company, the NCS had on October 11, arraigned Ifeuwa Moses Christ, his alleged accomplice before a Federal High Court, on the same offences. During Ifeuwa’s arraignment on October 11, the prosecutor, Mr. Julius Ajakaiye, a Deputy Director in the Federal Ministry of Justice, had informed the court that Ayogu was at large and promised to bring him to court as soon as he is apprehended.

    Ayogu is facing 11 counts charge bordering on conspiracy, illegal importation of Firearms and forgery and uttering of Customs’ import documents, contrary Section 3(6), 1(14)(a), 1(14)(a)(i), 1(2)(c) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act Cap. M17, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
    The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.

    Ajakaiye, informed the court that the accused and others listed in a charge numbered FHC/L/339c/18, conspired among themselves between September 6 to 20, 2017, illegally and unlawfully imported a total of 1570 pump action rifles into Nigeria, through Apapa Seaport, Lagos.

    The prosecutor also told the court that the accused loaded the said 1570 pump action rifles in two 1× 20 feet containers marked GESU 2555208 and CMAU 1878178 and that the accused and others now at large, in a bid to illegally and unlawfully bring in the weapons, altered and forged a bill of lading, issued in July 28, 2017, to read Guandong, China, instead of Istanbul, Turkey, which was written on the conveying container.

    Ajakaiye also told the court that the accused also altered Form M(application for Import) and Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR), issued in August 28, 2017, with number MF 20170080364 and CN 20170768490/001, respectively, to read Guandong, China instead of Istanbul, Turkey, as country of origin.

    The accused were also alleged to altered a forged bill of lading numbered ISB0281398, issued in July 28, 2017, to read 230 packages of wash hand basin and W/C, as the content in the container used in shipping in the illegal firearms.

    After the plea of the accuses had been taken, the prosecutor, Mr. Ajakaiye, urged the court to remand the accused in prison custody pending the determination of the charge.

    Responding, lawyer to the accused, Mrs. I. F. Ekwoanya, despite not filing any processes before the court, while citing the authority of Abiola Vs FRN, urged the court to grant his client bail in a liberal term.

    But the presiding judge, Justice Saliu Saidu, ordered the counsel to the accused to file her client’s bail application and depose to an affidavit stating the reasons why her client should be admitted to bail. Justice Saidu while adjourning the matter till November 20 and 21, for commencement of trial, ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody

    Post Views: 587
    Container load of rifles
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous Article2019: WE’LL CAMPAIGN VIGOROUSLY FOR BUHARI, SANWO-OLU- AMBODE
    Next Article EX-SUPER EAGLES MINGLE AS OLUWO OF IWOLAND BECOMES IOC PATRON
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?