Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»LAND GRABBING: LAGOS ARRAIGNS NOTORIOUS KINGPIN, OTHERS
    News

    LAND GRABBING: LAGOS ARRAIGNS NOTORIOUS KINGPIN, OTHERS

    starconnectBy starconnect16 June 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Suspected Land Grabbing Kingpin, Chief Kamorudeen Lamina (3rd left) along with other defendants arraigned at the Lagos State Special Offences Court on Friday, June 16, 2017.
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Friday, June 16, 2017

    OSHODI, Lagos, Nigeria – The Lagos State Government on Friday arraigned a suspected notorious land grabber, Chief Kamorudeen Lamina before a Special Offences Court sitting in Oshodi over alleged forceful dispossession of residents from their legitimate rights to land ownership.




    Lamina, popularly known as Sir K, was arraigned alongside six others on a six-count charge by the Special Anti-Land Grabbing Task Force set up by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s administration.

    Lamina and his gang were said to have been terrorising the people of Ikorodu area of the State for some time before he was arrested on Thursday.

    Others arraigned alongside him are Mr Omotola Ogunsanmi, Mr Samson Shobule (A.K.A Samson Salau), Biliaminu Orega (A.K.A Biliaminu Salau), Alhaji Jimoh Aromasodu, Alhaji Wasiu Orenuga and Alhaji Nurudeen Kasali.

    In counts one and two, Lamina, sometime in February 2017 in Mowo Kekere area of Ikorodu Local Government, allegedly took over one plot of land forcefully which was sold to one Mrs Ebere Okafor by Ifegbuwa family contrary to Section 2 (1) of the Lagos State Properties Protection Law 2016.

    The action was allegedly carried out by Lamina despite the fact that the sale of the land had been ratified with proof of payment.

    In count three, Lamina was accused of forcefully taking over and remaining in possession of 200 plots of land in Mowo Kekere belonging to Planet Properties Ltd contrary to Section 2 (2) of the same law, while in count five, the defendants were said to have fraudulently sold 60 hectares of land which had been previously sold by the rightful owner contrary to Section 8 (1) (b) of the law.

    The fraudulent sale, which was allegedly carried out in January 2017, was perfected by the defendants fraudulently claiming to be the descendants of Ifegbuwa family.

    In count six, the defendants were accused of fraudulent selling 25 hectares of land to third parties without any lawful right to do so, an offence punishable under the law.

    After the charges were read to them, they all pleaded not guilty, while their lawyers, Mr E Obatayo and B.O Abdusalam applied to the court to grant them bail in most liberal terms.

    The lawyers argued that the offences for which their clients were charged are bailable, and that they were ready to defend the case.

    The prosecutor, Ms Mosunmola Balogun from the Lagos State Ministry of Justice did not oppose the bail application but urged the court to impose conditions which would make the defendants available for trial

    In his ruling, Magistrate Lateef Owolabi granted bail to the defendants in the sum of N1million and two sureties in like sum.

    One of the sureties must be a land owner in Lagos, while the other must be a civil servant not below grade level 15. The sureties must have three years tax clearance and registration with Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA).

    The Magistrate also ordered the defendants to deposit N150,000 each with the court, while they are to be remanded in Badagry Prison pending when they are able to meet the bail conditions.

    The matter has been adjourned to July 13.

    Speaking to journalists at the end of the proceedings, Chairman of the Lagos State Anti-Land Grabbing Task Force, Mr. Jide Bakare said the administration of Governor Ambode, through the arraignment, was sending a strong message to others still involved in the act of forceful dispossession of property it would no longer be business as usual.

    Post Views: 592
    Land grabbing
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous Article20 FEARED KILLED AS COMMUNITIES CLASH IN CROSS RIVERS STATE
    Next Article IOC, MCDONALD END WORLDWIDE TOP PARTNERSHIP
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026

    ​Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Intelligence Chief, Citing Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis

    23 May 2026

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026

    ​THE NEXT VIRAL FRONTIER: WHO SOUNDS ALARM OVER ‘VERY HIGH’ EBOLA BUNDIBUGYO RISK IN DRC AND UGANDA

    23 May 2026

    The ₦1trn Food Security, Wealth Fund for Lagosians

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    Lagos Records 61.52% Success in WASSCE

    23 May 2026

    China Coal Mine Explosion Kills at Least 90 in Deadliest Blast in Over a Decade

    23 May 2026

    Murder of Teacher Oyedokun: A Public Execution of National Conscience — Human Rights Lawyer Ejiofor

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?