Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»LAGOS COMPLETES REMOVAL OF DILAPIDATED FADEYI PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE
    News

    LAGOS COMPLETES REMOVAL OF DILAPIDATED FADEYI PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE

    starconnectBy starconnect24 September 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Fadeyi bridge
    The dilapidated paedestrian bridge at Fadeyi being removed by the Lagos State Government
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Sunday, September 24, 2017

    FADEYI, Lagos – The Lagos State Government has completed the removal of the dilapidated and disused steel pedestrian bridge at Fadeyi Bus Stop along Ikorodu Road.




    The removal of the bridge was completed 24 hours ahead of schedule, thus the State Government has lifted the partial restriction of movement in the Fadeyi end of the road.The State Government had last week announced partial restriction of movement on Ikorodu Road to enable the replacement of the disused Fadeyi bridge with a new footbridge.

    In a statement on Sunday by the Permanent Secretary in the State’s Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Mr. Olujimi Hotonu, the government thanked Lagosians for their exceptional co-operation of Lagosians which led to the completion of the removal of the disused bridge ahead of schedule.

    Hotonu also urged residents to make use of the second pedestrian bridge at Fadeyi whilst the replacement of the dilapidated bridge would last.

    He said: “The Lagos State Government wish to announce the complete removal of the dilapidated Fadeyi pedestrian bridge 24 hours ahead of schedule. As a result of this, the Fadeyi end of Ikorodu road has been opened to traffic and would no longer be closed today as earlier announced.

    “Due to the exceptional co-operation of Lagosians, it is important to state that the complete removal of pedestrian bridge, carried out between 11pm Saturday night and 6am Sunday morning, was done with minimal disruption to traffic, safely and without any incident.

    “We want to encourage Lagosians to use the second pedestrian bridge at Fadeyi whilst Lagos State Government replace the dilapidated bridge,” he said.

    The State Government also commended the project team led by Messrs Planet Projects Limited, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Governor’s Monitoring Team (GMT), Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Nigerian Police and the entire Fadeyi community for making the exercise come to completion 24hours ahead of schedule, safely and without any incidents.

    The project for the removal and replacement of the disused and dilapidated Fadeyi bridge was part of the continuous drive of the State Government to protect the lives of pedestrians on the highway, and bequeath a new one worthy of the status of the State to the people.

    Post Views: 413
    Fadeyi Bridge
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleIPOB: BUHARI MAY NOT ESCAPE WAR CRIMES TRIBUNAL
    Next Article N5 BILLION REMITTANCE: NANS TELLS FG TO BEAM SEARCHLIGHT ON AGENCIES, HAILS JAMB
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?