Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Hamas rejects Trump Peace Plan, says it’s an ‘Attempt to Bury’ Palestinian State Momentum
    News

    Hamas rejects Trump Peace Plan, says it’s an ‘Attempt to Bury’ Palestinian State Momentum

    starconnectBy starconnect29 September 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Hamas
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Emmanuel Thomas l Monday, Sept 29,2025

    ​JERUSALEM—Senior Hamas leader Mahmoud Mardawi has vehemently rejected the latest peace proposal put forward by President Donald Trump, describing it as an attempt to stifle growing international support for a Palestinian state.

    In a sharply worded public statement, Mardawi dismissed the plan—which reportedly details a staged ceasefire, Israeli withdrawal from parts of Gaza, and a transitional governance body—as “vague and unsecured.”

    ​”What happened was an attempt to bury the international momentum and the recognitions of the Palestinian state,” Mardawi asserted, alluding to the recent diplomatic shifts that have seen several nations formally recognize Palestinian statehood amid the ongoing conflict in Gaza.
    ​

    The Trump administration’s plan, which has also been subject to internal debate among key Arab and Muslim states, reportedly outlines the demilitarization of Gaza and the end of Hamas’s rule in exchange for a full ceasefire and aid.

    While specific details of the latest iteration of Trump’s proposals have been circulating through regional mediators, they generally align with earlier efforts that the Palestinian leadership, including Hamas, had previously rejected for favoring Israeli security demands and failing to meet core Palestinian political aspirations.

    Mardawi underscored the group’s non-negotiable demands for any future agreement.

    “We will not accept any proposal that does not include the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination and protect them from massacres,” he declared.

    The comments come at a critical juncture as regional and international efforts intensify to broker a lasting ceasefire and secure the release of remaining hostages, with the Trump plan being the latest high-profile initiative seeking to chart a post-war path for the Gaza Strip.

    Mardawi’s swift and categorical rejection signals a significant hurdle for the proposal’s success, highlighting the deep chasm that remains between the parties on fundamental issues of sovereignty and political rights.

    Gaza peace plan
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleNetanyahu apologizes to Qatar over Sept 9 attack
    Next Article ​Africa Finance Corp Secures Record $1.5 Billion Syndicated Loan for Infrastructure Drive
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?