Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Fraud in Nigerian Army: Brigadier-General forfeits N426.7 m to govt
    News

    Fraud in Nigerian Army: Brigadier-General forfeits N426.7 m to govt

    starconnectBy starconnect10 May 2020No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Fraud in Nigerian Army
    Nigerian Army
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Sunday, May 10, 2020

    IKOYI, Lagos, Nigeria -It was another case of fraud in the Nigeria Army as a Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos on Friday, ordered final forefeiture to the Federal Government, of the sum of N426.7 million belonging to a retired Brigadier-General of the Nigerian Army, John Onimisi Ozigi .

    Justice Muslim Hassan made the order following a motion on notice seeking final forfeiture of the money alleged to be proceed of fraud by a former officer of Nigerian Army

    The judge said that the respondent failed to satisfy the court with concrete evidence why monies suspected to be proceed of an unlawful activities should not be forfeited to federal government of Nigeria. 

    ” The application has met the conditions stipulated in section 17 of of the Advanced free fraud and related offences Act”.The application is meritorious and it is hereby granted as prayed. The judge said. The application was filed by counsel to  the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission  (EFCC), Mr Nkereuwem Anana.

    Joined as respondents in the suit are: John Onimisi Ozigi, and a company Diamond Head Ventures and Dev. Company Ltd. Justice Hassan had earlier issued an interim order for forfeiture of the sum, following an exparte application filed by the EFCC.

    He had then ordered interested parties to appear and show cause why the interim orders should not be made permanent. In March, the EFCC argued its application for final forfeiture of the sum on the grounds that they were reasonably suspected to be proceeds of unalwful activities. The Court had then adjourned the case until April 6, for judgement.

    Meanwhile, following the COVID-19 pandemic, judgment could not be delivered and counsel were informed of a new date. In his Judgment on Friday, Justice Hassan granted the motion for final forefeiture as prayed by the EFCC.

    In the suit numbered FHC/L/CS/1094/18 the Antigraft Agency had prayed for an order, finally forefeiting to the Federal Government, the total sum of N426.7 million found in the account of the respondent.

    The EFCC in an affidavit deposed to by one of its operatives, Clever Ibrahim, stated that the first Respondent is an officer of the Nigerian Army, while the second respondent is a business name owned and incorporated by the first Respondent under the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

    The deponent also stated that the first Respondent is a salary earner and a public officer under the rank at a brigadier general with an estimated salary of about N750. 000.00 (seven hunched and fifty thousand none) per month.

    He also stated that intelligence information revealed that monies have been found in account opened In the name of the first and second Respondents that is not reasonably justifiable and commensurate with the first Respondent legitimate income

    According to the Commission, the sum is reasonably suspected to be crime proceeds. He averred that when the first respondent was 
    confronted with respect to the sums in the account and he made a statement to the commission.

    He said that in the said statement, the respondent had indicated willingness to refund the money to the Federal Government, adding that the said statement was attached as EXHIBH EFCC 3. 

    He had argued that the order if made, will serve the course of Justice, as same is sought in good faith and in accordance with the Oaths Act.

    Post Views: 625
    Fraud in Nigerian Army News
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleCoronavirus: Nigeria 4, 251, China left with just 283 cases
    Next Article Angola Cables Network shows robust growth, stability as demands surge
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026

    ​THE DRONE RANGERS: Armed gang who shot female passenger and took 13 hostage defeated by high-tech police team in Edo jungle shootout

    23 May 2026

    ​THE CYBER CASANOVAS: Inside the Thai ‘Dark Room’ raid where Nigerian romance tricksters used AI avatars to trick older women out of life savings

    23 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​BLOOD IN THE DORM: 21 Dead as Ukraine Missile Blitz Hits Teen School Hostel in Russian-Held Lugansk

    24 May 2026

    ​Breakthrough in Islamabad: U.S. and Iran Agree to Framework Freezing War, Unlocking Assets, and Setting Nuclear Clock

    24 May 2026

    APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Wins Own Ward L2 In Eti-Osa LG

    23 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?