Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Business»Automobile»Ferrari car stolen 28 years ago in Italy recovered in the UK
    Automobile

    Ferrari car stolen 28 years ago in Italy recovered in the UK

    starconnectBy starconnect4 March 2024Updated:4 March 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    A Ferrari car stolen in Italy 28 years ago has been recovered
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin I Monday, March 04, 2024

    LONDON – The London Metropolitan Police has announced the recovery of a Ferrari  car stolen from Gerhard Berger in Italy in 1995.

    The vehicle was recovered following an investigation launched into the incident, led by Met Police. A Ferrari sells for as much as £350,000.

    Narrating how the incident occurred, the Met Police stated that “in April 1995, the San Marino Grand Prix was held in Imola, Italy. While in the city for the race, two Formula One drivers had their Ferraris stolen. One of these was a red Ferrari F512M and despite being reported missing, the cars were never found until the Met started an investigation.

    “In January this year, the Met received a report from Ferrari, who had carried out checks on a car being bought by a US buyer via a UK broker in 2023, which revealed it was a stolen vehicle”, Met said in the statement.

    Accordingly, officers from the Organised Vehicle Crime Unit carried out extensive enquiries across the world which revealed the car’s background, including that it had been shipped to Japan shortly after being stolen until it was brought to the UK in late 2023.

    Establishing the history of the vehicle in just four days, Gerhard Berger’s Ferrari was tracked down and was moved to the Met’s possession to prevent the car from being exported from the UK.

    PC Mike Pilbeam, who led the investigation, said: “The stolen Ferrari – close to the value of £350,000 – was missing for more than 28 years before we managed to track it down in just four days.

    “Our enquiries were painstaking and included contacting authorities from around the world. We worked quickly with partners including the National Crime Agency, as well as Ferrari and international car dealerships, and this collaboration was instrumental in understanding the vehicle’s background and stopping it from leaving the country.”

    Enquiries remain ongoing and no arrests have been made. The second car remains missing.

    The Met’s Organised Vehicle Crime Unit is a small team of experienced vehicle examiners, police officers and staff with a wealth of knowledge.

    In 2023, the unit recovered 418 vehicles, with a combined value of £31m. Of these, 326 have been linked to organised criminal gangs, making up £21m of the total value of vehicles seized.

    Ferrari
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleKAFTAN TV names Waheed Odusile as CEO
    Next Article Gas is Nigeria’s logical transition fuel, says Seplat Energy
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​​THE ULTIMATE BURNING MACHINE: BMW Recalls 87,000 Cars Over Engine Fire Terror

    11 February 2026

    EVS FIRE FEARS: Volkswagen Recalls 44,000 Electric Cars Over Battery Blazes

    28 January 2026

    FROM RUSSIA WITH LUV: PUTIN’S ‘CYBERVAN’ IS A STEELY KNOCK-OFF! ​

    27 January 2026

    LAGRIDE Secures $100 Million UBA Facility and Expands EV Charging Infrastructure to Transform Lagos Drivers into Asset Owners and Mobility Investors

    17 December 2025
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    or
    Login with Bluehost
    Lost password?