Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»Entertainment»Arts»Expert assess 4,300 diamonds found 3 years after looting Dresden Museum
    Arts

    Expert assess 4,300 diamonds found 3 years after looting Dresden Museum

    starconnectBy starconnect18 December 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    German police find much of loot taken from Dresden museum
    A visitor looks around the jewel room of the Historic Green Vault in the Residence Palace. German investigators found a large part of the loot stolen from Dresden's Green Vault three years ago, according to the police and public prosecutor's office. Photo: Oliver Killig/dpa-Zentralbild/dpa
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Admin l Sunday, December 18, 2022

     

    BERLIN, Germany – Expert from the Dresden State Art Collections have begun to assess the 4,300 diamond jewelry stolen from Dresden’s Green Vault Museum three years ago and found again earlier this week.

    This will take some time, Dresden State Art Collection (SKD) spokesperson Holger Liebs said on Sunday.

    According to the police and the public prosecutor’s office, 31 individual pieces were returned to Dresden.

    After the theft 3 years ago, the SKD had always spoken of 21 stolen pieces. Liebs said that it was now necessary to see whether any pieces of jewelry had been smashed or broken.

    He said that the experts’ findings could also be significant for the ongoing trial of six suspects. The return of the loot is apparently based on a deal between the defence lawyers, the prosecution and the district court. There had been “exploratory talks,” the authorities in the state of Saxony had said.

    The burglary in November 2019 was one of the most sensational art thefts in Germany. The perpetrators stole historical jewelry from the Treasury Museum in Dresden’s Residence Palace, taking 4,300 diamonds and jewels with a total value of more than €113 million ($119.5 million).

    A large part of the loot was seized in Berlin on Friday night and brought back to Dresden.

    Post Views: 2,737
    Dresden castle Dresden Museum
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticlePantami meets Space X, World Bank, Google to strengthen Nigeria’s Digital Economy
    Next Article German ministers hit Nigeria to return Benin Bronzes
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    Excellent Father, Woeful Husband” — Jim Iyke Opens Up About the Heartbreaking Reality Behind His Failed Marriage

    23 May 2026

    ​SURULERE SHOWDOWN: Desmond Elliot Insists Dramatic Election Exit Was “Statesmanship, Not Surrender”

    20 May 2026

    ​BIBI’S HEROIC HISTORY CASH: Netanyahu launches £60m war chest to defend ancient Israeli sites from ‘thieves’

    20 May 2026

    Lagos Supports 200+ Cultural Events In Push To Become Africa’s Tourism Capital

    20 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?