Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»COURT DIRECTS DPP SHITA-BAY TO INVESTIGATE ALLEGATION OF STARVING EVANS, OTHERS
    News

    COURT DIRECTS DPP SHITA-BAY TO INVESTIGATE ALLEGATION OF STARVING EVANS, OTHERS

    starconnectBy starconnect17 November 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Evans and 4 others were charged with conspiracy to commit felony and kidnapping
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Emmanuel Thomas l Friday, November 17, 2017

    IKEJA, Lagos, Nigeria – Director of Public Prosecution, DPP, Ms Titilayo Shita-Bey has been directed by the an Ikeja High Court to investigate allegations of starvation in the Nigeria Prison Service, NPS.




    Justice Hakeem Oshodi gave the direction when Emmanuel Ochai, Counsel to 4th defendant told the court that his clients just told him that they were being starved by prison authority and that they have not been fed in the last 5 days, since Monday.

    Ochai made the revelation in the kidnapping case involving the Lagos State Government VS Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike alias Evans and 5 others, Uche Amadi, Ogechi Uchechukwu, Okwuchukwu Nwachukwu, Chilaka Ifeanyi and Victor Chukwunonso Aduba.

    Justice Hakeem Oshodi who was disrurbed by the development inquired about the prison in question and was confirmed to be Maximum Kirikiri Prison.

    “Please do not do that because they are here. They are innocent until proven guilty”, and directed the DPP to look into the matter.An official of the NPS who stood up in defence of the NPS denied the allegation, stressing that they were fed three times daily.

    Counsel to the first defendant, Olukoya Ogungbeje said his client, Evans also confirmed the incident, stressing that it was the food the spouse of one of the suspects brought on Wednesday that they ate and that his clients were also locked up together in a manner that was dehumanising.

    In her reply, the DPP, Titilayo Shita-Bey said the suspects were not looking like people that have not been fed for 5 days. She however promised to investigate the incidents.

    Ruling on bail application for the third defendant, Ogechi Uchechukwu, spouse of one of the suspects, Justice Hakeem Oshodi dismissed the application, stressing that the defence failed to prove her innocence but sentiment that she has a sick baby to cater for in the East.

    He ruled that the husband had already indicted her, saying she is in the know of the nature of his business and that the other suspects were his associates in his drug business.

    Evans the notorious kidnapper Titilayo Shita-Bey
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleNNPC GMD, BARU TO SPEAK ON OIL & GAS INDUSTRY AT ABU, ZARIA
    Next Article NIGERIA’S FINEST ARTISTS TO PERFORM AT ALTERNATE SOUND LIVE
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    ​HORROR IN THE CLASSROOM: School Head, Benson Arinze Gets Life Jail Over Sickening Assault on Pupil, 6

    22 May 2026

    ​2027: Court Strips INEC of Power to Set Timetable for Party Primaries

    22 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026

    Emirates Skywards launches global ‘Season of Rewards’ campaign for members worldwide

    22 May 2026

    Lagos 2027: Now that the coast is clear for Hamzat

    22 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    BRITAIN-BOUND: NDDC Huge Drive to Send Top Talents to UK Universities

    22 May 2026

    Interswitch Unveils Digital Forecourt Suite with ‘Pay-As-You-Want’ Capability at NNPC Retail Transformation Summit

    22 May 2026

    Hamzat Vows To Work For All Lagosians After Landslide Victory In APC Guber Primary

    22 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?