Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»Accord Presidential Aspirant commends FG on the Second Niger Bridge
    News

    Accord Presidential Aspirant commends FG on the Second Niger Bridge

    starconnectBy starconnect6 April 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Second Niger Bridge is over 82 percent completed – Solomon Uchenna Wining
    Presidential Aspirant on the platform of Accord, Dr. Solomon Uchenna Wining
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

     

    Maduako Igbokwe l Wednesday, 06 April 2022

     

    ONITSHA, Anambra, Nigeria –  Presidential Aspirant on the platform of Accord,  Dr. Solomon Uchenna Wining has applauded the Federal government for its commitment to making the Second Niger bridge a reality  before the end of 2022.

    In a statement issued by his Head, Media Directorate Nze Nweke Nweke and made available to newsmen in Awka Anambra state , he said president will be writing his name in gold if complete the bridge as promise. According to him, the commitment was in line with the earlier assurance by the Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) to complete and hand over the bridge for public use before the end of this year.

    Wining said  that if the Federal government had applied the same zeal and commitment ‘it was presently showing for the second Niger Bridge’ to address other key challenges facing the Nation, most of the   national problems, and  questions would  have been reasonably addressed’.

    Wining, who had earlier inspected the progress of work at the Second Niger Bridge, including the road, bridge, and interchange, said that the projects were at about 82 percent completion level.

    The Accord Presidential Aspirant expressed happiness that the projects were progressing, as planned, despite the global economic downtown, urging the Federal government not to relent.

    ‘It will be recalled that the Second Niger Bridge was one of the three projects being funded from the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund, PIDF” he noted.

    He also  Commended the Construction Company handling the project, adding that out of the estimated total project cost of about N206 billion, a huge amount has been spent on the project, which he said was central to south-eastern Nigeria and the nation development.

    “My joy is that the quality of work at the Second Niger Bridge is quite impressive and that the major work had been completed while the  remaining ones, although  quite expensive, would be completed before October this year” he stated

    The Presidential Aspirant assured that if elected, he will not abandon any inherited unfinished projects, noting  that he was also aware that two other road projects were being sponsored by special road intervention as set up by President Mohammadu Buhari and managed by the NSIA.

    “It is already in the public domain that NSIA brought its support alongside the capital provided by the Federal Government and the one from the repatriated Abacha loot, with which the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road project and the Lagos-Ibadan express road projects are being funded’.                             ,

    “So, people should stop crediting PDIF hence.  It is the NSIA in collaboration with the federal government. NSIA is the one coordinating the fund from investors and it is purely the NSIA and the Federal government that handle the project today. I am aware that NSIA is an investment institution owned by all three tiers of government including the states and local governments, the federal government, and the Federal Capital Territory which make up the shareholders of the NSIA”; he stated.

     

    Post Views: 539
    Second Niger bridge
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleQuickteller Business unveils Smart PoS for African businesses
    Next Article EU to pursue amnesty for soldiers who disobey Russian orders on Ukraine
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?