Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»FASHOLA BANS MOLUES FROM LAGOS ISLAND, BRIDGES
    News

    FASHOLA BANS MOLUES FROM LAGOS ISLAND, BRIDGES

    starconnectBy starconnect5 September 2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    Molue, outlawed from Island, CBDs
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email
    Molue, outlawed from Island, CBDs
    Molue, outlawed from Island, CBDs

    The Governor Babatunde Fashola-led Lagos State Government has banned the 911 buses better known as Molue from plying routes on Lagos Island, Lagos, South-west Nigeria.

    The government also banned Molue from all bridges that link the Island, such as Third Mainland, Eko and Carter Brides.The buses were also prohibited from plying any of the Central Business District in Lagos.  The state government said the decision was taken as part of determination to ensure adequate monitoring of the operations of commercial vehicles and compliance with traffic rules and regulations.

    The General Manager, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, Engr. Babatunde Edu made the revelation at a stakeholder’s meeting with the Branch Chairmen of the Lagos Urban Bus Owners Association of Nigeria,LUBON, the operators of molue busses in the State adding that the new directive became operative since 19 August, 2013.

    “Though the Lagos State Government was supposed to have commenced enforcement last month, but being a responsive and responsible government which believes in enlightenment before enforcement, we therefore decided to shift the enforcement to 4th of this month,” he said.

    Edu stated that LASTMA had been mandated to ensure strict directive and compliance and impound any such vehicles after 4 September, 2013 that was found to have flouted the directive.

    The General Manager further said that Molue buses could however perform their operations in any other parts of the state aside the restricted areas, reiterating that government had not banned the operations of Molue in the State, but rather it had restricted their operations to areas like Orile, Iyana ipaja, Mile 2, Mile 12 among others and urged operators to voluntarily comply with the new directive.

    While taking the operators through the prohibited routes, which included Iddo, Ebute Ero, Apongbon, Obalende, Idumota, CMS, among others, Edu appealed for cooperation and support of all the stakeholders.

    Responding, the leader of the team, Engr. Taofeek Adesina commended the government for its effort to restore sanity and order in the state and therefore pledged the readiness of his union to support the new cause.

    Post Views: 632
    ban Molue prohibited routes prohited molue routes
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleSENATE COMMITTEE OKAYS STRIKE ON SYRIA
    Next Article WHY OKOROCHA WILL LOSE 2015 ELECTION – VICTOR UMEH
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?