July 4, 2014 – A survey carried out among night crawlers in Lagos State, Nigeria by our correspondent has showed areas where those who move in the odd hours(night time) are likely to be attacked and robbed in the State.
We gathered that the mission of the assailants is usually not to take life but cash, phones or other valuable items on the commuter. Our survey showed that the attack could occur in traffic while you are in your car in places like the Osborne-Dolphine Estate Road, Alapere, the link road off Bank Anthony between Ikeja Military Cantonment and Ikorodu Road. In other places you are more likely to be attacked while trekking in the night hours.
As you fly into town, you however need to be alert and keep your eyes open if you must move in the late hours to avoid being attacked by hoodlums.
So, we present you 13 most notorious areas in Lagos where you are likely to be robbed of your valuables.
1.Link Road between Ketu and Lagos Ibadan Expressway
2. Jibowu, the Link Between Jibowu and idioro,Mushin
3. Attorney, Link between Anthony Oke and Ikorodu Road
4. Iga Idughara, Idumota
5. Osborne Foreshore and Dolphine Estate, both Ways
6. Alapare, Ogudu, Olokomeji
8. Railways Crossing, Ikeja
9. African Shrine, Alausa, Ikeja
10. Leventis bridge, others without light and security
11. Lagos- Ibadan Expressway between Berger and Kara
12. Mile 2 Oke
13. Danfo Buses(14 to 18 seater buses)