×
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting our website.

Emmanuel Thomas, Lagos

September 11, 2015 – The National Emergency Management(NEMA) today confirmed that seven persons were killed when suspected member of the radical Islamic sect, Boko Haram detonated an Improvised Explosive Device(IED) at the Internally Displaced Persons(IDP) camp in Yola, Adamawa State.

In a statement signed by Senior Information Officer, Mr. Sani Datti said 20 persons were also injured when the IED went off.

“So far seven (7) persons lost their lives and twenty (20) persons were injured in the bomb blast that occurred in Malkohi Internally Displaced Persons camp Yola, Adamawa state”, he said.

Advertisement

He explained that among the injured persons, seven were treated and discharged while thirteen others including four NEMA officials are still receiving treatment at Federal Medical Center, Yola.

He said the bomb was planted inside a tent in the camp and that it went off this morning at around 10AM.

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version
Be the first to get the news as soon as it breaks Yes!! I'm in Not Yet