Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    Starconnect Media
    Subscribe Login
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    Starconnect Media
    • Home
    • News
    • Business
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Entertainment
    • Football
    • Media
    • MORE
    Home»News»SOALABO WEST CONDEMNS AUTOMATIC TICKET FOR PDP GOVERNORS
    News

    SOALABO WEST CONDEMNS AUTOMATIC TICKET FOR PDP GOVERNORS

    starconnectBy starconnect8 September 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp VKontakte Email
    2019: WEST DECLARES FOR RIVERS GOVERNORSHIP UNDER PDP
    PDP governorship aspirant in Rivers State, Mr. Soalabo West
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Admin l Saturday, September 08, 2018

    PORT HARCOURT, Rivers, Nigeria – A governorship candidate under the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in Rivers State, Mr. Soalabo West has condemned the purported resolution of the National Caucus of the PDP, that all sitting governors and members of the National Assembly on the platform of the party should be returned unopposed.




    In a statement, West said the decision diametrically precludes interested party members from vying for those positions.

    “Such blanket endorsement of sitting governors and members of the National Assembly for whatever reason is patently undemocratic and completely shuts the door to internal party democracy. On my part, some members of the Riverine Communities in Rivers State resident in Abuja, who had volunteered to pay for both my expression of intent and nomination forms tried without success for two days to purchase the interest and nomination forms at the PDP national secretariat, at the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja”, he said.

    He said officers at the National Secretariat bluntly refused to accept the bank draft that was issued in the name of the party, ostensibly, to prevent me from exercising my fundamental right to freely participate in the democratic processes leading to the 2019 general elections.

    “Our representatives were later informed by another officer at a late hour on Friday to effect a Bank Transfer through a POS terminal payable to the PDP which was unusual, a worrisome deviation from what had been the practice and tradition of obtaining both interest and nomination forms through the payment of Bank Draft.

    “I wish to state categorically that the PDP in shutting the door to democratic participation in the PDP governorship primary elections, has wilfully opened the door for I and my supporters to seek for other avenues to fully exercise our rights to participate, unhindered, in the processes leading to the 2019 general elections”, he said.

    He said it is now clear that there is a grand plan to bar any candidate from the Riverine Communities of the state from participating in the governorship primary of the PDP in furtherance of the 2019 gubernatorial election.

    “This is unfair. In the meantime our options are open as we believe in the Almighty God who gives power to continue to guide our steps. For we are indeed fighting a just and equitable cause”, he said.

    Post Views: 649
    Soalabo West
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr WhatsApp Email
    Previous ArticleCRACKS IN BAYELSA APC AS EX-CHAIRMAN, BUHARI’S ALLY, 5,000 OTHERS JOIN PDP
    Next Article CORONATION SECURITIES EXPANDS US CAPABILITIES USING MARCO POLO REGULATORY PLATFORM
    starconnect
    • Website
    • X (Twitter)

    Related Posts

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Ads
    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026

    Foreign Journalists Tour Ruined Luhansk Students Dormitory Following Deadly Ukraine Drone Strike

    24 May 2026

    ​GERMAN REFUGEE PAY-OUT: Berlin Mulls €8,000 ‘Golden Goodbye’ to Send 900,000 Syrians Home

    24 May 2026
    About Us
    About Us

    Starconnect Media is your trusted source for timely and relevant news. We are a dynamic news media platform dedicated to delivering accurate, insightful, and engaging content across a wide range of topics.

    Our mission is to keep you informed and connected to the stories that matter, both locally and globally.

    Our Picks

    ​MASSACRE IN STAROBELSK: 21 Slain and 63 Maimed as 16 Drones Flatten Student Block

    24 May 2026

    ​Bombing Targets Military Train in Pakistan, Killing Dozens

    24 May 2026

    ​Russia Strikes Ukraine With Advanced ‘Oreshnik’ Missile After Deadly Attack on Student Dormitory in Luhansk

    24 May 2026
    Ads
    LinkedIn X (Twitter) Instagram
    © 2026 Starconnect Media | All rights reserved. Designed by Adeyinka Adenaike.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?