September 9, 2014 – At least 22 people were seriously injured on Wednesday when cooking gas exploded in Epe< Lagos, Nigeria. We gathered that the incident which occurred at 21 Kalesanmi Street burnt one building belonging to Agbo Meji family, throwing the area into confusion. We gathered that the incident occurred when one of the residents living on the ground floor attempted to lit matches beside a gas cooker which exploded on contact with the burner. Most of the victims were burnt while running away following full saturation of the air by the gas flame fire while running away from the scene. Speaking on the incident, Director of Fire Lagos State, Mr. Razak Fadipe said a total of 22 people, comprising ten male and seven female adult and five teenagers were affected in the inferno. “We responded to a fire outbreak at Epe caused by domestic gas explosion. Ten male adult, seven female adult and five teenagers suffered burns and rushed to General hospital, Epe. The building has wooden slabs on which the first storey lies. The wooden slabs also gutted fire that was why most of the people were caught by the fire,” Fadipe said.